02 WRX - My Clutch P/Ns are Different than Others

This is a discussion on 02 WRX - My Clutch P/Ns are Different than Others within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, so for those of you who not know, I just recently purchased a 2002 WRX Wagon. It needs a ...

02 WRX - My Clutch P/Ns are Different than Others

Okay, so for those of you who not know, I just recently purchased a 2002 WRX Wagon. It needs a clutch. I also am a Subaru Technician, and this one has me and everyone else at the dealership stumped. I am hoping beyond all hope that someone has dealt with this.

In 02 and some 03s there was a TSB for clutch jutter. A revised kit was developed and put together that includes the flywheel, pressure plate, disk and bolts for a pretty good price, even better at my cost (331.00 total for the kit). So I printed out the TSB and it indeed says ALL 02 and some 03 MY WRXs are covered by this, meaning the kit should work for me. I give the parts guys my VIN and they pull it up and say that some of my P/N I need do not match the P/N that come in the kit. The disk and the bolts are the only ones that match. So we though maybe there was a split year in 02, and there wasn't, just 03. So out of curiosity, I pulled up an 02 WRX Wagon on AutoTrader.com and gave the parts guy that VIN. They pulled it up and sure enough all P/N it calls for match the kit.

None of us can find any answers as to why mine is different. I think the kit will work, but before I start playing guinea pig, I was wondering if anyone here had any insight on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any resolution? i have terrible clutch chatter after the car has been driving city traffic for a while. prompted a complete bushing upgrade to keep my driveline intact. didnt help much, but my clutch feels great. nice and solid, its only three years old. of course, its a 02 wagon so now i am wondering if my car is going to throw a 95mph curve ball again. maybe you got lucky and got a 04 clutch kit?