someone PLEASE tell me this isn't a very very bad sign... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on someone PLEASE tell me this isn't a very very bad sign... within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just take it up to the dealer and have them check it out. I don't think you have done enough ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Just take it up to the dealer and have them check it out. I don't think you have done enough to your car to be overly concerned about warranty repairs being denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Just take it up to the dealer and have them check it out. I don't think you have done enough to your car to be overly concerned about warranty repairs being denied.
    Cars on a stage 2+ OTS tune, with downpipe, intake, nameless axlebacks, and they already once replaced engine under warranty, my chances are so slim. not to mention im at 40k miles.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Cars on a stage 2+ OTS tune, with downpipe, intake, nameless axlebacks, and they already once replaced engine under warranty, my chances are so slim. not to mention im at 40k miles.
    Eh, never know. You'll probably want to go through Subaru to get it fixed anyhow, in my opinion... So it's worth a try. They may just tell ya, "All is normal, and you are being goofy".

Is it the 6sp or 5sp? I don't remember.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Eh, never know. You'll probably want to go through Subaru to get it fixed anyhow, in my opinion... So it's worth a try. They may just tell ya, "All is normal, and you are being goofy".

Is it the 6sp or 5sp? I don't remember.
    "I shift out of 6th and through the 'middle section' (inbetween 5th and 6th) as soon as the shifter gets like a few millimeters down the 5th gear 'channel' it gives me a nice buzz/grind, then pops into 5th."

2011 STi. 6 speed.

I Support ClubWRX
    "I shift out of 6th and through the 'middle section' (inbetween 5th and 6th) as soon as the shifter gets like a few millimeters down the 5th gear 'channel' it gives me a nice buzz/grind, then pops into 5th."

2011 STi. 6 speed.
    Yup, fail on my part there. I've never rebuilt a transmission in my life, but supposedly the six speed isn't a good one to start with.

I'd just give it some time and see if the problem continues. Hopefully you are just paying more attention to it than normal.
    2011 STi Build Log

Yup, fail on my part there. I've never rebuilt a transmission in my life, but supposedly the six speed isn't a good one to start with.

I'd just give it some time and see if the problem continues. Hopefully you are just paying more attention to it than normal.
    I guess I will worry about it when 5th gear is no longer useable. hopefully when that happens the other gears still work so I can atleast limp home.

I Support ClubWRX
    You've put some miles on that beast...I was wondering if I was the only one that pounded miles onto my car (47K - also a 2011).

Have you made any adjustments to the clutch pedal....like trying to change where it engages? It would make any "foot not clean to the floor" type shifts more likeley to not have the clutch fully disengaged.

Failing that....it sounds like the syncro for 5th could be going. They usually make the syncros stronger for the lower couple gears, and the upper gears not so much.

Have you skipped shifted the car? Going from 2 - 4, 4 - 6...etc. If not done correctly, that could jack up syncros.

Just a couple thoughts....
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    Have you made any adjustments to the clutch pedal....like trying to change where it engages? It would make any "foot not clean to the floor" type shifts more likeley to not have the clutch fully disengaged.

Failing that....it sounds like the syncro for 5th could be going. They usually make the syncros stronger for the lower couple gears, and the upper gears not so much.

Have you skipped shifted the car? Going from 2 - 4, 4 - 6...etc. If not done correctly, that could jack up syncros.

Just a couple thoughts....
    I have no made any changes, how would I do so? are there any guides out there?

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    You've put some miles on that beast...I was wondering if I was the only one that pounded miles onto my car (47K - also a 2011).
    I have, it hurts to come to that realization. I know DD a jeep Wrangler just to keep mileage off of the STi

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess I will worry about it when 5th gear is no longer useable. hopefully when that happens the other gears still work so I can atleast limp home.
    Try double clutching if it gets that stubborn. The gears are close enough that you can go 4th to 6th fairly easily on the highway, otherwise. Not the end of the world even if 5th was being impossible.

I was just saying that you may as well give it a few days, and make sure that you aren't making a large deal out of nothing. Most people have done stuff like that, myself included. I didn't mean to be offensive throughout the thread in any way/shape/form. My apologies if it came off that way.
    2011 STi Build Log

My car went through a phase last year where whenever I shifted into 4th at high RPMs it would give a little grind/buzz right as it went into gear. Had to double clutch or let the RPMs drop or it would do it every time, clutch fully in. Went away on its own after a week or two. Totally different transmissions and all that... but I'd give it some time before you get too worried about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12