Shifter bushings - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Shifter bushings within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Contrary to what some people have said, I didn't notice much of a difference when I added the kartboy front ...

Contrary to what some people have said, I didn't notice much of a difference when I added the kartboy front and rear shifter bushings. The biggest difference I noticed in feel and tightening of sloppiness was the short shifter itself. Bushings on top of the short shifter didn't really add much more if anything. All it really added was peace of mind I replaced the OEM components for better quality ones, oh well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Polyurethane bushings are basically the same whether you get them from Cobb or kartboy or whoever. They do help some.
    I have the sti ss factory shifter in my 2013. Got the kartboy short shifter and bushing combo about a month ago.

Overall not a bad upgrade. Well worth the money, just Not quite the night and day difference some people say IMO.

The kartboy ss and bushing make the shifting feel about the same as a stock 05+ mustang gt shifter. I might be a little biased as I was expecting a steeda tri-ax type shift feel from my kartboy setup. But ended up with a shifter that's about as good as my 05 gt was when it was stock.
    Still a lot better than factory so worth it in every way
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I am not looking for night and day and am not unhappy with my factory short throw shifter in any way. Compared to the 2.5i I had 2 years ago, the STI shifter is awesome. There is just a little sloppiness that I notice in the shifter and I have heard time and time again that this bushing package will clean that up. For $100 I am willing to see how it goes. If the shifting feels any crisper at all then I will be happy. If it feels the same than it won't be the end of the world. My hunch is that it will be crisper.

It will be.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.