Short Shifter Install Questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Short Shifter Install Questions within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've finally decided in order to not get power hungry that I will go with a STS and bushings for ...

Short Shifter Install Questions

I've finally decided in order to not get power hungry that I will go with a STS and bushings for my first mod (other than some audio stuff I upgraded). I think I'll do the Kartboy because it's a little cheaper than the COBB and from all the threads I've read people seem satisfied with it. My question is while I'm doing that install is there any other bushings or anything that makes sense to replace/upgrade while I have the center console/boot off? I know nothing about working on cars really so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. Thank you in advance for any advice.
    2011 DGM WRX HB

Cobb AP w/ Torqued Performance Stage 2 map, Cobb SFI w/ box, TurboXS Catless DP, Invidia Q300 CBE, Cobb Knob, Kartboy STS, Kartboy F/R Shifter Bushings, TiC Pivot Lever Bushing, TiC Linkage Bushing, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, Red Outline Tail Light Overlays, Kenwood Double Din CD/DVD Player, Kicker Speakers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Group N Transmission Mount and these TiC Tranny Crossmember Bushings
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, don't forget the TiC shift linkage bushings.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Also, don't forget the TiC shift linkage bushings.
    u mean these? TiC 06-08 Subaru Shift Linkage Bushings
    2011 DGM WRX HB

Cobb AP w/ Torqued Performance Stage 2 map, Cobb SFI w/ box, TurboXS Catless DP, Invidia Q300 CBE, Cobb Knob, Kartboy STS, Kartboy F/R Shifter Bushings, TiC Pivot Lever Bushing, TiC Linkage Bushing, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, Red Outline Tail Light Overlays, Kenwood Double Din CD/DVD Player, Kicker Speakers

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by I30I3 MAI2L3Y View Post
    Yes. Those. They are a little tougher to install. TiC STi Shift Linkage Bushing Install

So if you decide to forego them I'd at least get these TiC 5MT Lever Pivot Bushings - WIDE .
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Yes. Those. They are a little tougher to install. TiC STi Shift Linkage Bushing Install

So if you decide to forego them I'd at least get these TiC 5MT Lever Pivot Bushings - WIDE .
    Yeah on TiC's website they have a bundle for $200 and it includes all the shifter bushings TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set
    2011 DGM WRX HB

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by I30I3 MAI2L3Y View Post
    Yeah on TiC's website they have a bundle for $200 and it includes all the shifter bushings TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set
    That is what I got. They had a GB going a couple of years ago. A lot of us jumped on it & got everything at a great discount with some other stuff that they reduced prices on for GB participants.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Thanks to both of you for the help. I'll let you know how the install goes.
    2011 DGM WRX HB

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Group N Transmission Mount and these TiC Tranny Crossmember Bushings
    FOR SURE ADD THESE LATER IF YOU CAN'T DO THEM NOW!! Absolutely ties the whole shifter feel together, feels like a nice bolt action on a highend gun once you do the STS, F/R bushings, Group-N trans mount, and the front cross member bushings (aka positive shift kit).

YouTube vid on the install of the SS. Just the first one I saw when I searched YouTube......

2011 WRX Short throw shifter install - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.