How to go about changing slipping clutch

This is a discussion on How to go about changing slipping clutch within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've seen several methods to go about this I saw one person take off the intercooler and several components beneath ...

How to go about changing slipping clutch

I've seen several methods to go about this I saw one person take off the intercooler and several components beneath the intercooler to disconnect the engine from the transmission. Then I saw another method of which you actually pull the motor (to me this seems overkill) there is obviously other ways around it an then I don't know if this method can be used on wrx or if its even efficient but getting under the car and lowering the transmission with a jack?

Basically I want to do whats easiest obviously a clutch replacement is not gonna be easy at all but pulling the engine sounds like a PITA and I assume there is a way around that without pulling the engine. So I'm curious how to do it the method of taking off the intercooler and other components below to get to the transmission. If you know of any videos on youtube feel free to post them here. I am currently searching all over looking for methods to go about this. Also if you have any experience on doing this please tell me the method you used I have a 02 WRX but I'm sure the same concept and principles apply if you have another year then I do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Traditionally you'd take off the intercooler, downpipe, driveshaft, drain then drop the tranny, leave the engine in place.. That's the jist of it.

Posted from a fone.