STi Short throw - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STi Short throw within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thanks all, i chose against it esp. when the labor rate went up to 150.00. I'll use the money for ...

Thanks all, i chose against it esp. when the labor rate went up to 150.00. I'll use the money for a strut tower brace.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cmayba
    I'll use the money for a strut tower brace.
    Waste of $$. Unless you're getting a hatch, and I'm not even sure the newer models benefit from a rear strut brace like '02-'07 did. Still, you'd want something like the Whiteline quick-release brace (if they offer that for '08+) so if you needed the cargo room, it was easy to dismantle.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Not off topic he may wanna check it out its a thread dealing with short throw if I was asking about a borla exhaust that's off topic but when I ask about something dealing with the topic I'm pretty sure it's not off topic. It's asking specifics. He asked about spt I asked about twm. Pay attention same topic

Btw if google was helpful I wouldn't have asked.

I'm going to save the cash for a Perrin front strut tower brace....I knew I joined this forum for a reason. Once again thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Wrx21 View Post
    Not off topic he may wanna check it out its a thread dealing with short throw if I was asking about a borla exhaust that's off topic but when I ask about something dealing with the topic I'm pretty sure it's not off topic. It's asking specifics. He asked about spt I asked about twm. Pay attention same topic
    The OP was considering adding on the SPT option while it was at port. Normally the debate between the SPT shifter and an aftermarket shifter doesn't require reviews of every aftermarket shifter. I didn't mean to be a jerk, but the first time you asked about it, you didn't get any response because it was nested in a thread it shouldn't be.

Little testy, brah?

Quote Originally Posted by R_Wrx21 View Post
    Btw if google was helpful I wouldn't have asked.
    Let me google that for you

...I believe the second link down should help you out =). Most posts that have "TWM shifter" in the title from any forum with "wrx" or "sti" in the URL will probably help you out. They will give you more information about what you are looking for than this thread does.

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    I'm going to save the cash for a Perrin front strut tower brace....I knew I joined this forum for a reason. Once again thanks!
    Save the cash as Matt said. The strut towers are quite close to the firewall in our cars. It's mostly bling with a bit of added weight. Some claim the brace helps reduce dashboard rattles... I'd just use felt tape personally. There are plenty of places to put the cash. Give turninconcepts a ring. They'll hook you up with a shift kit that is way better (and cheaper) than the SPT by itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.