Shifter Bushings - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Shifter Bushings within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 rear sway bar is like a 2 or 3/10...bushings I'd say is like a 3/10. Oil ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    rear sway bar is like a 2 or 3/10...bushings I'd say is like a 3/10. Oil change is definitely 1/10.
    For a newbie mechanic this def. was at least a 4-5/10 install and I'm not even done yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

More gusto...and if your knuckle aren't bleeding yet...try harder!!

JK, hope you get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by MercRising View Post
    More gusto...and if your knuckle aren't bleeding yet...try harder!!

JK, hope you get it figured out.
    I figured out the first problem I had which was getting out the front bushings, but ran into a second problem of not being able to thread the rear bushing bolts back on. Ahh well the only way to learn is to do it.

You'll get it, and next do a Group-N trans mount and the positive shift kit from any manufacturer. Those 2 additional things really tie the shift lever into the souls of the car. Feels like a nice bolt action on a gun, firm but precise and reassuring on shifts.

Honestly, that freakin rear shifter bushing was maybe the hardest thing I've installed. Not like if done and engine build but, for a little price of plastic...that thing blew ars!

Hope you get it bro!

I'd honestly not bother with a Group-N trans mount. When I did mine on my STI, it virtually was the same piece as stock, just a *little* bit stiffer rubber. I'd honestly go for a full on solid mount such as Cusco or Beatrush if you're going to replace the trans mount. If I could go back in time and change my mind on that, I would have done it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I'd honestly not bother with a Group-N trans mount. When I did mine on my STI, it virtually was the same piece as stock, just a *little* bit stiffer rubber. I'd honestly go for a full on solid mount such as Cusco or Beatrush if you're going to replace the trans mount. If I could go back in time and change my mind on that, I would have done it.
    Not sure about the OE trans mount on your STi but, the WRX piece is noticeably softer and the group-n was a great final compliment to all the other new poly bushings I did in that area. Plus, buying one used for $50-$60 makes a great value IMHO.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    Something was up with your car. Engine and tranny mounts from Group-N have always been significantly better, while the pitch stop is a pathetic attempt at calling it an "upgrade".
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Mission accomplished! Got it all put back together no problems and then start to drive and then saw check engine light come on...which freaked me out but then i just took a quick glance under the car and i forgot to plug in the o2 sensor back in. Then it went away which I was glad about . The shifts feel so much better!!

I Support ClubWRX
    See? I told you you could do it! Nice work.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by jordan05 View Post
    Mission accomplished! Got it all put back together no problems and then start to drive and then saw check engine light come on...which freaked me out but then i just took a quick glance under the car and i forgot to plug in the o2 sensor back in. Then it went away which I was glad about . The shifts feel so much better!!
    That'll make your stomach drop...nice save.

Thanks. Is there any other mods that don't void the warranty that a good "bang for your buck" like sway bars that you guys recommend (besides bushings). I already have CBE, SS, Sways, tint, winter tires.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan05 View Post
    Thanks. Is there any other mods that don't void the warranty that a good "bang for your buck" like sway bars that you guys recommend (besides bushings). I already have CBE, SS, Sways, tint, winter tires.
    Nothing will "void" your warranty (well, unless maybe you put a Wankel in there or something). The more aftermarket parts you add, the higher likelihood you will have of a denied warranty claim, which is quite different from a voided warranty.

That said, a dealer could choose to deny a warranty claim based on the modifications you've already made, using arguments like increased suspension wear due to stiffer swaybars, etc. Even a totally stock car could have a denied claim if there are signs of vehicle abuse above and beyond reasonable use.

By modifying your car at all, you are accepting the risk that you are replacing parts other than the manufacturer intended, and there may be financial consequences for doing so down the road. Not that modifying your car is necessarily bad, but there are risks you'll need to accept along with that.

tl;dr: There is no magic formula for what parts will "void" warranties. By modifying at all, you are accepting the risk of possible denied warranty claims down the road.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Nothing will "void" your warranty (well, unless maybe you put a Wankel in there or something). The more aftermarket parts you add, the higher likelihood you will have of a denied warranty claim, which is quite different from a voided warranty.

That said, a dealer could choose to deny a warranty claim based on the modifications you've already made, using arguments like increased suspension wear due to stiffer swaybars, etc. Even a totally stock car could have a denied claim if there are signs of vehicle abuse above and beyond reasonable use.
    By modifying your car at all, you are accepting the risk that you are replacing parts other than the manufacturer intended, and there may be financial consequences for doing so down the road. Not that modifying your car is necessarily bad, but there are risks you'll need to accept along with that.

tl;dr: There is no magic formula for what parts will "void" warranties. By modifying at all, you are accepting the risk of possible denied warranty claims down the road.
    I ment what are some mods that won't void(most likely) the engine and transmission if it goes out.

Suspension mods.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Suspension mods.

Pretty much true. However, even suspension mods can expose you to denials on blown struts and worn stock tires and such...if they can prove that your pieces were the root of the shortened life span or failure.

BTW, Just noticed you're in Denver Jordan05....me too! Well Littleton but, close enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast