Engine/transmission problem help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine/transmission problem help! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help please! I have a 2012 wrx with 13k miles on it. I drove to a friend's house last night ...

Unhappy Engine/transmission problem help!

Help please! I have a 2012 wrx with 13k miles on it. I drove to a friend's house last night and immediately noticed a problem. There is a squeeking/squeeling noise coming from the engine bay anytime I accelerate hard. If im cruising in 4th gear around 40-45 mph and I accelerate it also makes that noise. I think this is a transmission problem, probably the clutch. Any suggestions?? The engine sounds completely normal when in neutral and I rev it up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i would suggest taking it to the dealership since (i assume) you still have your warranty. one of the hardest things to do is diagnose noises on the internet {trust me, i've tried! lol}

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i would suggest taking it to the dealership since (i assume) you still have your warranty. one of the hardest things to do is diagnose noises on the internet {trust me, i've tried! lol}
    Here is link to a video i took. You can here the sound here.

subaru wrx whining noise - YouTube

I Support ClubWRX
    lol never heard that noise before. i would say have the dealer look at it (if its warrantied), dont think thats normal
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I also have 2012 wrx with 14k miles all stock. So far the car is great and seems to pull a lot harder now in the mid range. I'm curious to know what causing this noise.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

Take it to the dealer and let them worry about it. That's why there's a warranty.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.