Engine/transmission problem help!

This is a discussion on Engine/transmission problem help! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help please! I have a 2012 wrx with 13k miles on it. I drove to a friend's house last night ...

Unhappy Engine/transmission problem help!

Help please! I have a 2012 wrx with 13k miles on it. I drove to a friend's house last night and immediately noticed a problem. There is a squeeking/squeeling noise coming from the engine bay anytime I accelerate hard. If im cruising in 4th gear around 40-45 mph and I accelerate it also makes that noise. I think this is a transmission problem, probably the clutch. Any suggestions?? The engine sounds completely normal when in neutral and I rev it up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i would suggest taking it to the dealership since (i assume) you still have your warranty. one of the hardest things to do is diagnose noises on the internet {trust me, i've tried! lol}

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i would suggest taking it to the dealership since (i assume) you still have your warranty. one of the hardest things to do is diagnose noises on the internet {trust me, i've tried! lol}
    Here is link to a video i took. You can here the sound here.

subaru wrx whining noise - YouTube

I Support ClubWRX
    lol never heard that noise before. i would say have the dealer look at it (if its warrantied), dont think thats normal
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I also have 2012 wrx with 14k miles all stock. So far the car is great and seems to pull a lot harder now in the mid range. I'm curious to know what causing this noise.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

Take it to the dealer and let them worry about it. That's why there's a warranty.