Hard shifting down to 1st / 2nd when cold - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hard shifting down to 1st / 2nd when cold within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; idk man. my 2013 wrx is 3 months old. and my tranny shifts perfectly smooth even when the engine/trans is ...

idk man. my 2013 wrx is 3 months old. and my tranny shifts perfectly smooth even when the engine/trans is cold and its 20 degrees outside. i think im the minority in this though. as a lot of ppl complain about the tranny

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah....don't know what the deal is besides taking time for the fluid to warm up. I go easy on it until it's all warmed up anyway, but it can be a bit of a pita in traffic.

Thanks for responding, glad to hear some don't have the issue. :-)
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Same problem...it doesn't like shifting into 1st even when its 100% warmed up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    Agree. Hate pulling out in the cold in my car. If i try to slip the clutch a little it will make a horrible knocking sound, but if i let it out too fast ill stall or be really jumpy so ill kinda tap it to get moving then once moving its alot easier. I pulled out on a hill in second today second time and same spot ive done that in, waiting for a school bus to make a stop...sorry 94k mile clutch
    What is the knocking sound? I get it sometimes...

I Support ClubWRX
    only issues i have with my car is downshifting from 5th to 4th when its cold is pretty tough, but once its all warmed up its just fine
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12