2011 wrx tranny problem

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx tranny problem within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2011 wrx sedan and recentaly went stage 2 with the cobb AP. i have an invidia catless ...

2011 wrx tranny problem

i have a 2011 wrx sedan and recentaly went stage 2 with the cobb AP. i have an invidia catless downpipe invidia q300 CBE and AEM intake. i went to the track this past weekend and dumped the clutch at take off and got a really bad smell of burnt clutch, after that my clutch feels alot "lighter" ive tried taking off in 1st gear fast to check for slipping but i havent noticed any slipping also the clutch gets stiff randomly. Anybody ever had this problem or have an idea what it could be??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

careful, our cars tranny are weak and overly sensitive to dumping the clutch

Sounds like a driver problem, not a tranny problem. These cars aren't made for hard launches by dumping the clutch - if the tires can't spin (AWD), something else has to.

someone told me the five speeds in japan arent as crappy and weak as ours are

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    someone told me the five speeds in japan arent as crappy and weak as ours are
    k.......????????

it means our versions are slacking