08 wrx transmission
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08 wrx transmission within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 08 wrx, im just curious to know what the limit is on this car, i read that ...

08 wrx transmission

i have a 08 wrx, im just curious to know what the limit is on this car, i read that the max hp/tq of a stock transmission/clutch on a 08+ wrx is about 300whp/wtq, <can someone confirm that ? Also i plan on doing stage 2.52 vf52 swap to my wrx with cobb dp, intake, larger, topmount and catback, and my main concern is weather or not ill blow my transmittion with that type of power because im really not trying to spend money on a new gear set, any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It depends on how you drive it.. if you're sane it should handle ~380wtq okay.

zax
    The transmission in the 2008 WRX is the same as the transmission in the 2009 WRX. The 2009 has a VF52. Therefore.....
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

well the thing is im asking if after doing a stage 2.52 which would consist of vf52, downpipe intake and larger top mount if i could still launch and have fun some times, not to often but i would like to go to the track sometimes, i just dont want to blow a gear launching at the track because i have to much tq

Depends on how you launch it.. if you slip the clutch you should be okay, if you dump it all bets are off. VF52 isn't going to make that much torque anyways.. not without e85.

alright, thanks alot for your help !

ive seen 460whp and 492ft lbs of torque run through the stock tranny. it did eventually give way. but he tracks(real road course track not drag strip) the car regularly so that was expected. if you drive responsibly itll last for a long time. its the kids who dump there clutch at every red light that usually kill the trannys
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 02-08-2013 at 01:16 PM.

My next door neighbour has that exact setup and the transmission is holding up fine. It's all about the way you drive.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.