5MT Shifter Bushing Install Frustration - Cobb Bushings are junk - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 5MT Shifter Bushing Install Frustration - Cobb Bushings are junk within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So the rear bushing eventually went in... Its crossed for sure but I ran it down in anger. Its not ...

So the rear bushing eventually went in... Its crossed for sure but I ran it down in anger. Its not moving anymore.

When I do the front bushing I want to do the trans mount so I will most likely wait. I did however go buy a creeper... I had enough crawling around on my back and my jack doesnt jack the car very high so the stands were not up high... Argh what a frustrating weekend
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

5MT Shifter Bushing Install Frustration - Cobb Bushings are junk

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoehn View Post
    So the rear bushing eventually went in... Its crossed for sure but I ran it down in anger. Its not moving anymore.

When I do the front bushing I want to do the trans mount so I will most likely wait. I did however go buy a creeper... I had enough crawling around on my back and my jack doesnt jack the car very high so the stands were not up high... Argh what a frustrating weekend
    I feel you on the jack not going high enough. I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    I feel you on the jack not going high enough. I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure - I dont want to go spend more money on a taller jack - I would still need my low profile one to get underneath the car. I was thinking that maybe I could get some thicker pieces of wood to get it up higher on the stands... that would be an easy solution
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

the install was a complete PITA for me as well. i used ramps. but as others pointed out, you just have to fiddle with it.

another post on here had a guy who stripped the thread going to town on it. it's definatley a pain in the @$$

if i had to do it again, would have waited until i could use a lift.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm wondering if they carried over the design from the GD cars, and there's a small dimension change between the two generations or something. I installed the rear bushing on my bugeye, and the hardest part was getting the shifter linkage back into the rear bushing. I didn't have any particular issue with the bolts.

That said, I also had the downpipe removed at the time, which at least on bugeyes gives you a LOT more clearance around the shifter linkage to work.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.