Clutch replacment question

This is a discussion on Clutch replacment question within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone im looking to replace my stock oem clutch on my 2006 wrx and theirs two different type of ...

Clutch replacment question

Hey everyone im looking to replace my stock oem clutch on my 2006 wrx and theirs two different type of oem clutch sizes can anyone tell the difference.

Duralast clutch set
    Part Number: NU31721
    Warranty: Limited Lifetime
    Notes: Disc outside diameter 9 1/16", spline inside diameter 1", spline count 24.

Dualast clutch set
    Part Number: NU31675
    Warranty: Limited Lifetime
    Notes: Disc outside diameter 9 7/16", spline inside diameter 1", spline count 24.

Thanks for the help
    2006 WRX
    2012 WRX STI
    - Speed never kills anyone, Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what whats gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Never heard of Duralast, so I googled them and from what I gather they're pretty ****ty. Personally I would go with the Excedy stock replacement like everyone else.

duralast is a common brand that auto zone offers. I wanted to get the closest i could get to oem, Is the exedy stock replacement the same as the stage one clutch kit.
    2006 WRX
    2012 WRX STI
    - Speed never kills anyone, Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what whats gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

no the oem replacement is oem...they make their own stage one
    honestly im sketchy enough buying duralast tools...let alone a clutch... just remember you get what you pay for

True thanks for the input. Going to see if autozone sells the exedy oem they have the stage one so hopefully they have it.
    2006 WRX
    2012 WRX STI

if they have the stage one for a decent price you cant argue with that wouldnt hurt either. just depends on your wants and needs. i dont think mine is oem since the clutch pedal isheavy and i hate it...plus the friction point is all the way to the floor and feels like it isnt engaged all the way anymore when i go to shift so the exedy oem is what im going for. the whole kit on amazon is only 300 minus a flywheel

yeah the stage one is around 3 hundred ish but a friend of mine bought a duralast one and got a exedy refurnished one wtf. but my plans one day would to do a vf39 swap and sti tmic so i could run the stage three ap map.
    2006 WRX
    2012 WRX STI

I Support ClubWRX
    I would only run that stage three OTS map on the way to get the car tuned.. if you're just going to run an off the shelf map with a turbo upgrade you would be better off saving your money and getting a professional stage two tune, IMO.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with MainFrame. When changing injectors and a turbo that flows considerably more air, you need to do (at minimum) some self tuning with a "stage 3" AP map. IIRC, the 2006 WRX "stage 3" map uses the stock injectors, so there's less of an issue, but still... you're hitting MUCH higher load cells on a tune that's questionable. I would personally use the "Stage 3" map as a base map, and tune around it with ATR.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/