clutchh helppp

This is a discussion on clutchh helppp within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys i know there is about 1000000000 clutch threads but i wanna ask my self ive had the car ...

clutchh helppp

hi guys i know there is about 1000000000 clutch threads but i wanna ask my self

ive had the car for about a yr now bought it stock now its sitting on 320whp (02 wrx) i nevver had clutch issues or changed it i dont normaly drive the car like as if im in a race, i only really do pulls in a single gear but tonight i ran into a race (private roads)it was a rolling start in 1st went to change to 2nd and the clutch was just slipping is it clutch wear? or is just simply too much power it doesn't slip on take off 1st time its done that i think its heavy duty itt feels abit harder i never dump the clutch or launch
    anyway i need a new clutch for this power i want good life and be able to hold the power but at the same time not break my box i thining of

FJK-7123HD clutch hat do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1. Don't mention any street racing here, unless its in a school zone.
    2. You shouldn't need anything too heavy duty for a clutch, probably just need a stage one along with the pressure plate, disc, and bearing and whatnot. I think 320I is right around the Max the stock clutch can handle so a decent stage one should be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    1. Don't mention any street racing here, unless its in a school zone.
    2. You shouldn't need anything too heavy duty for a clutch, probably just need a stage one along with the pressure plate, disc, and bearing and whatnot. I think 320I is right around the Max the stock clutch can handle so a decent stage one should be perfect.
    was on private roads so its ok :P, yea that clutch is a stage 1

He's down under anyway...US laws don't apply

Exedy OEM replacement can hold 320whp...but a stage 1 might be better for you. Again, look for Exedy and get an OEM Flywheel.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

Exedy OEM replacement can hold 320whp...but a stage 1 might be better for you. Again, look for Exedy and get an OEM Flywheel.
    no law is very similar you get cought racing and your car is impounded but like i said private rd guys, everycar i get i always upgrade to heavy duty because i like the feel of it better and i dont think the oem will hold that much because as far as i know m car has a heavy duty clutch in it

i want to get exedy lightend flywheel what do use think and will the FJK-7123HD exedy clutch fit on my model 02 adm wrx?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

that^ my replacement clutch will most likely be this. no need for a stage 69 or whatever

If you bought it stock, why do you think it might be a heavy duty clutch?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Clutches are rated by torque, not horsepower
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    If you bought it stock, why do you think it might be a heavy duty clutch?
    its a firm pedal and its bitey