Will a 1 mile bad tow cause problems?

This is a discussion on Will a 1 mile bad tow cause problems? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, Last night my 2013 wrx was towed from the rear (with the front on the ground) for 1 ...

Will a 1 mile bad tow cause problems?

Hi all,

Last night my 2013 wrx was towed from the rear (with the front on the ground) for 1 mile for illegal parking. The guy broke into the car to put it in neutral. The car drives fine, no issues in all the gears. But it did felt like 10% slower, maybe I was just paranoid.

I'm concerned that the trans, center diff, rear diff maybe slighlty damaged. Dealer wanted $110 for the inspection. Wanted to get an opinion on the forum before heading in. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First I would call the police if they broke in to your car to move it. Next thing I would do is go get it inspected, save all receipts, bring them to the tow company and demand payment for all damages!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTION View Post
    First I would call the police if they broke in to your car to move it. Next thing I would do is go get it inspected, save all receipts, bring them to the tow company and demand payment for all damages!
    According to the guy, they have permission from the local police to break into all cars they tow. I am worried bringing it to the dealership is a catch 22. Dealer might say they cannot see problems at the monent but it might develop later which can potentially be a excuse to decline drivetrain warranty in the future.

Even if the "guy" said it was alright, I would still call the authorities! I would still go to the dealership and explain what happened and get them to look at it. If neither of the rear wheels were able to turn and the fronts were turning, it seems like that would cause a problem in the tranny because I'm pretty sure there isn't a separate clutch in it to slip any.