Help... I have clutch issues with a new build.

This is a discussion on Help... I have clutch issues with a new build. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help I’m lost at what the problem could be... So two months ago I tossed a rod bearing in my ...

I Support ClubWRX

Help I’m lost at what the problem could be...

So two months ago I tossed a rod bearing in my car, I pulled the motor and had it rebuilt. I put the motor back together and went to start it and no compression. I pulled the motor back out tore it back apart and found out that the person that rebuilt the heads forgot to grind down the valves so they were hanging open F**#&$...
    I then put the motor back together for the second time started it and it fired right up and sounds amazing.

I notice that my clutch pedal is felling soft and just having put a new clutch in it I know that it shouldn’t be. I proceed to bleed the clutch and get some little air bubbles nothing major. After bleeding it and now having a good feeling clutch pedal I go to take it on a test drive. Car starts up fine... now my clutch is no existent again.

I bleed until all of the fluid is changed out and the pedal feels like it should... start the car no clutch
    I bleed until all of the fluid is changed out and the pedal feels like it should... start the car no clutch

I have changed the master, the slave, and the lines (all at different times)out with new and bled it out each time.. I have no idea what the problem could be please help.
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd suspect yet more air, potentially in the slave. The alternative is a leak, but since you cannot find one, we're left with air. There is a third, remote possibility, that you have a faulty membrane in a new master or slave, but that's very unlikely in my view. I hate to say it but you may have to keep bleeding, with an eye for air downstream toward the slave (I think...).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah sounds like air in the system to me too.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    I have gone through the system quite a few times... is there a trick to this system that you have learned over the years that might help?
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

Clutch may have been been put in backwards . I did it to mine when I removed and rebuilt my eng . The disc will install backwards . And u will think its a bleed issue as I thought with mine . Bleed and bleed and nothing . Finally came to realize the disc was in the wrong way . Flipped the clutch disc and Valhalla clutch works .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by v6mx6ls36 View Post
    Clutch may have been been put in backwards . I did it to mine when I removed and rebuilt my eng . The disc will install backwards . And u will think its a bleed issue as I thought with mine . Bleed and bleed and nothing . Finally came to realize the disc was in the wrong way . Flipped the clutch disc and Valhalla clutch works .
    I'm with him. Disc in backwards or fork not seated correctly in the throwout bearing.

I Support ClubWRX
    I did not know that was possible, thanks!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

When your looking at the clutch up against the eng the bulging part sticks out away from the eng . Not fitting into the flywheel if that makes any sense .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I did not know that was possible, thanks!
    Both are, and I've done both