Help... I have clutch issues with a new build.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help... I have clutch issues with a new build. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help I’m lost at what the problem could be... So two months ago I tossed a rod bearing in my ...

I Support ClubWRX

Help I’m lost at what the problem could be...

So two months ago I tossed a rod bearing in my car, I pulled the motor and had it rebuilt. I put the motor back together and went to start it and no compression. I pulled the motor back out tore it back apart and found out that the person that rebuilt the heads forgot to grind down the valves so they were hanging open F**#&$...
    I then put the motor back together for the second time started it and it fired right up and sounds amazing.

I notice that my clutch pedal is felling soft and just having put a new clutch in it I know that it shouldn’t be. I proceed to bleed the clutch and get some little air bubbles nothing major. After bleeding it and now having a good feeling clutch pedal I go to take it on a test drive. Car starts up fine... now my clutch is no existent again.

I bleed until all of the fluid is changed out and the pedal feels like it should... start the car no clutch
    I bleed until all of the fluid is changed out and the pedal feels like it should... start the car no clutch

I have changed the master, the slave, and the lines (all at different times)out with new and bled it out each time.. I have no idea what the problem could be please help.
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd suspect yet more air, potentially in the slave. The alternative is a leak, but since you cannot find one, we're left with air. There is a third, remote possibility, that you have a faulty membrane in a new master or slave, but that's very unlikely in my view. I hate to say it but you may have to keep bleeding, with an eye for air downstream toward the slave (I think...).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah sounds like air in the system to me too.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    I have gone through the system quite a few times... is there a trick to this system that you have learned over the years that might help?
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

Clutch may have been been put in backwards . I did it to mine when I removed and rebuilt my eng . The disc will install backwards . And u will think its a bleed issue as I thought with mine . Bleed and bleed and nothing . Finally came to realize the disc was in the wrong way . Flipped the clutch disc and Valhalla clutch works .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by v6mx6ls36 View Post
    Clutch may have been been put in backwards . I did it to mine when I removed and rebuilt my eng . The disc will install backwards . And u will think its a bleed issue as I thought with mine . Bleed and bleed and nothing . Finally came to realize the disc was in the wrong way . Flipped the clutch disc and Valhalla clutch works .
    I'm with him. Disc in backwards or fork not seated correctly in the throwout bearing.

I Support ClubWRX
    I did not know that was possible, thanks!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

When your looking at the clutch up against the eng the bulging part sticks out away from the eng . Not fitting into the flywheel if that makes any sense .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I did not know that was possible, thanks!
    Both are, and I've done both

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.