stickey clutch pedal 07 wrx

This is a discussion on stickey clutch pedal 07 wrx within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an 07 wrx with 71000 miles on it and the clutch pedal seems to be getting stickey. I ...

stickey clutch pedal 07 wrx

i have an 07 wrx with 71000 miles on it and the clutch pedal seems to be getting stickey. I don't believe there is an aftermarket clutch on it. when I press the pedal down there are no problems. letting the pedal out it gets a little hung up around the middle of letting it out. it's easily drivable still but there is a little jump in acceleration when it pops out of the stickey spot. the car has been sitting for about two weeks getting other work done onIit so im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have put on approximately 200 miles since then and it's still sticking. I haven't had much experience on transmissions and don't realy know were to start looking.

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My s2000 did the same thing after a clutch install.

Check the master cylinder and slave. I’m not sure how the wrx is, but the s2000 had a clutch fork. The end was like a cup and the slave had a ball on the end. Make sure that is greased up. I used high heat grease. Make sure the throw out bearing was greased also. When I put my clutch in I put grease on the ID of the throw out bearing and the grove that the fork sits in. that fixed my clutch pedal sticking problem.
    Also try and bleed the clutch I gravity bleed mine make sure your clutch reservoir does not go empty
    Any wrx veterans please chime in I’m new to the wrx, but know a little about cars.

thanks I'll take a look around. im gonna try greasing everything in the cabin attached to the pedal before I get too far in