Squeak if clutch is popped.

This is a discussion on Squeak if clutch is popped. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I was driving my 06 WRX "aggressively" and I popped the clutch a few times between shifts and each ...

Today I was driving my 06 WRX "aggressively" and I popped the clutch a few times between shifts and each time it made a squeak/squeal sound. Usually I would hear the rear end bang. Is it the clutch slipping? The clutch has less than 10k on it and I usually drive around like a grandma?

Thanks,
    Zach

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

I have a clutch like that on a different car. Sounds almost like a squeaky belt? It may not be slipping yet but it could have uneven wear or uneven friction on the disc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I have never noticed it before. Today was the first time. The clutch is also fairly new and installed by a reputable Subaru shop.

I also looked up the maintenance record and the flywheel was resurfaced.
    Last edited by zach1288; 10-14-2012 at 11:24 AM.

You still could have warped the clutch disc even with a resurfaced flywheel. Which means your flywheel may have been warped as well. Maybe if it's a stock disc it could be more prone to this then an aftermarket, heavier one that can handle the extra abuse.

I can shift fairly fast and high rpms and it will not make a sound. It's only when I let go of the clutch very fast, like lifting my foot off the clutch from the floor as fast as I can.

I shouldn't be shifting like that anyway so I guess I won't worry about it.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah... driving like that pretty much guarantees you'll be back here asking us for recommendations on gear sets in the not too distant future.

Knock that **** off if you don't want a rather large repair bill coming your way.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Another queston... is the popping coming from the clutch itself, or the bracket area?

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Another queston... is the popping coming from the clutch itself, or the bracket area?
    It's coming from the engine bay/ transmission area. Not inside the car.

is that the pinion gears teeth trying to mesh? but the teeth missing each other and thus "popping"? And would it make a whining sound and a sound like the exhaust is shaking? cause mines doing that and i wonder if i could put any spacers to make the gears a lil tighter? Possibly .3 around the gears to tighten this?
    Last edited by SleepyWRX; 10-15-2012 at 04:26 PM.

and is this normal? my 04 only has 45000 miles on it with a lightweight flywheel and 6 puck ACT clutch. Im nervous i dont wana blow up my transmission....
    Last edited by SleepyWRX; 10-15-2012 at 04:24 PM.