Clutch pedal feels "notchy"? Help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Clutch pedal feels "notchy"? Help! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, just recently, i noticed that my clutch pedal has started to feel "notchy" (best way i could describe ...

Hey guys, just recently, i noticed that my clutch pedal has started to feel "notchy" (best way i could describe it) as i push it down/release it. The car is a '12 wrx with 9500 miles, its been launched 4 times in its life, and i always rev match when downshifting, etc, etc, in other words, i baby it. I've tried my best to narrow it down, and it seems to pretty much do it just when the car is cold, and once it warms up, it goes away. The feeling is kind of hard to describe so i haven't had much success searching, best i could find is that maybe its the throw out bearing? pretty sure its not just me being paranoid, what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What do you mean exactly by notchy? Like while pressing and releasing it feels like you're hitting bumps so to say, or what?
    Could be normal due to the pedal and fluids being cold
    I doubt your disc wouold be warped for such a small amount of abuse already.

It's never done this though, and I live in south Florida so it's not like it's very cold, by notchy, maybe "crunchy", it's a weird feeling, now I know when people experience premature throw out bearing failure, they can clearly hear it, but I have a rather loud exhaust and when on a cold start the car is sitting at 1500 rpms, I can't hear much from the engine bay lol, and also, like I said, I do drive spiritedly at times and have put it through one autocross, but that's it, I baby the car for the most part, and prior to me noticing this, I was just driving normal

I don't think you can feel the throwout bearring go though, just a bit noisy on cold starts but it's normal.
    I think I know what you're talking about...kinda feels like it vibrates when you depress the clutch? I've felt that before but it's never constant.
    Is yours only during a cold start?

mines recently started happening only on cold starts, and its pretty noticeable, a friend just told me he had that happen to him and it ended up being his pilot bearing

If it gets too bad, or you're worried enough about it I would take it in, just to be safe.
    Should be covered under warrenty as long as everything is stock. SOA is picky. Even a BOV would make them not cover something with drivetrain under warrenty

yessir, not sure about SOA, but my dealer rep told me, the mods they allow are a catback, intake, up pipe or upgraded top mount intercooler, performance wise of course

Did you talk to a service advisor, or someone from sales? Sales most of the time doesn't even know what you're talking about. They just go along with what you say. Also did he specify if it was ay of those listed mods, or only SPT?

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    If it gets too bad, or you're worried enough about it I would take it in, just to be safe.
    Should be covered under warrenty as long as everything is stock. SOA is picky. Even a BOV would make them not cover something with drivetrain under warrenty
    Not always the case. It's a dealer by dealer situation. Some dealers are very mod friendly, others are not.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Not always the case. It's a dealer by dealer situation. Some dealers are very mod friendly, others are not.
    this
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I think there's something where they need to prove that the aftermarket was the cause for the failure too in order for them to not warrenty it as well. But that's probably dealer specific too

I also believe that they still "flag" your car, for example, say you take your car in for repairs on the radio, and they cover it but they see that you have a upgraded turbo, then they'll drop any part of your warranty that can be affect by a upgraded turbo, also, It was my service advisor that told me those mods and didnt specify on SPT

That would make sense. SPT shouldn't void any warrenty anyway. It is aftermarket but it's the same thing as TRD on Toyota and Scion.

Same thing had been happening to mine. Started about and two months ago, and now it is a lot more frequent. I am going to try and make time to take it in, hopefully nothing major.
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

I am actually at the dealer now getting this checked out on my car I will let you know what they come up with and I will let you know. You may have the same issue
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast