Clutch pedal feels "notchy"? Help! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Clutch pedal feels "notchy"? Help! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Same feeling I had and they found out its the throw out bearing. They changed it. Now no more weird ...

Clutch pedal feels "notchy"? Help!

Same feeling I had and they found out its the throw out bearing. They changed it. Now no more weird feeling clutch
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks Dzanga. I appreciate your input. Ill be calling the dealer tomorrow.

No problem.
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

I Support ClubWRX
    Well a little follow up since being at the shop.

They didn't find anything and told me you still have a lot of time on your warranty. Great. Thanks, wont be going back to that shop.

Anyways, does anyone know if there is a grease fitting for the throw out bearing, or forks?

I've had this happen too on my '13. I have about 5500 miles on it now, and first noticed it around 1500 miles for a couple days then it went away. Just recently it started again after some aggressive driving with 2 smaller "launches" (around 2500 rpm). The "shudder" in the pedal seems to be consistent for the past couple days since the launches, but sometimes it isn't present. It has been cold lately and some people were saying it could be related to the weather... Also, I don't hear any noise, it's all just a feeling in the pedal.

When it's happening it seems like it shifts easier, but starting off I need more gas... I don't know, the catch point seemed to move on me a bit while learning how to drive this car, so maybe there is more in my head than is actually happening. Or maybe it's finally broken in and there's just more wear on it? Or maybe the launches effed it up? I figure I'll just see how it goes for a few weeks and not worry about it. I tend to get paranoid about these things, but I think I'm just going to ride this one out, and stop paying so much attention to any little thing that seems different than how it was 1000 miles ago. The car is still young, so what is really normal for it in the long run?

Don't quote me on that, but I've never heard of a grease fitting being added to the throw out bearing or forks, so I'm not sure. Haven't ever heard it mentioned in passing within my 7+ years in the Subaru community.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

This is my first Subaru so Im not sure. In the diesel world they have grease fittings so I was thinking maybe :/.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123