Time for a new clutch! What should I buy?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Time for a new clutch! What should I buy? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a stock 03 WRX. It is time to do the clutch but I was wanting some opinions on ...

Time for a new clutch! What should I buy?

I have a stock 03 WRX. It is time to do the clutch but I was wanting some opinions on what brand I should go with. I am going to be bumping up the engine up a bit but not to crazy... Like 280HP? I don't want a super stiff pedal but want to put in something that will last. Also what all should be done while I have it tore apart? flywheel, etc... Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Exedy OE/StageI clutch kit
    New OE flywheel

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do the transmission mount / crossmember bushings, since they'll be off the car anyway. Shifter bushings, as well.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    New OE flywheel

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do the transmission mount / crossmember bushings, since they'll be off the car anyway. Shifter bushings, as well.
    I second this.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I third it all. OEM replacement is fine for most daily driver applications, even when upping the power above stock.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    New OE flywheel

Thanks! I will look into that one.

I'm running a competition clutch stage 2 clutch. its rated at 300awhp. It has stock feel and easy engagement.
    I found it on eBay for 340 shipped brand new in box.

Quote Originally Posted by twintshelby View Post
    I'm running a competition clutch stage 2 clutch. its rated at 300awhp. It has stock feel and easy engagement.
    I found it on eBay for 340 shipped brand new in box.
    Awesome! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.