2011 wrx cruise control just stopped working

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx cruise control just stopped working within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am at wits end here and I will be scheduling an appointment at the dealer(against my will) over the ...

I am at wits end here and I will be scheduling an appointment at the dealer(against my will) over the next couple of days if no one on here has a solution.

car: 2011 wrx premium sedan
    mods: check the build thread in my signature
    miles: 20,xxx

I used my cruise control last week sometime and everything worked just fine. I have been having the intermittent issue with abs/traction/hill assist lights all coming on randomly after a light tap of the brake pedal. it has been going on for a little over 6 months but has only happened like six times. I read on iwsti a 20 page thread regarding the issue. it appears as though the brake light switch located above the rake pedal is not sensitive enough and needs to be adjusted. I made the adjustment according to this thread on iwsti:

How To: Adjusting Stop (Brake) Light Switch on GR - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

everything went fine and the lights stopped popping on.

just to eliminate that as the issue I returned the switch to its factory sensitivity. that didnt work. next I decided to disconnect the battery for about ten minutes to see if that worked. wishful thinking, it did not. The light on the cruise control button is lit up at night when my headlights are on. the cruise light on the dash turns on with the key in the accessory position. when I push the cruise control button to set it nothing happens. no cruise light on the dash just nothing. I read the manual looking for the fuse or relay for the cruise control but found nothing.

anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

If you have a CEL cruise control will not work.

If the car thinks the brakes are on cruise control will not work.

If the car thinks the clutch pedal is depressed the cruise control won't work.

If a small plastic knob on the brake pedal lever doesn't engage its counterpart on the pedal base the cruise control won't work.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If you have a CEL cruise control will not work.

If the car thinks the brakes are on cruise control will not work.

If the car thinks the clutch pedal is depressed the cruise control won't work.

If a small plastic knob on the brake pedal lever doesn't engage its counterpart on the pedal base the cruise control won't work.
    no cel

brake lights arent on

dont know about the clutch

hhmmmm

thanks for the post man. Im at wits end here

It has to be the button. All the other cruise buttons work except that one.

The manual says when you push the cruise button while turning the ignition it will temporarily disable the cc until you cycle the key. The other buttons do this but when I try it with the cruise button nothing happens