Tranny and rear diff problems!!!

This is a discussion on Tranny and rear diff problems!!! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I took my car to the mechanic today and he said the bearing on the back of my tranny were ...

Tranny and rear diff problems!!!

I took my car to the mechanic today and he said the bearing on the back of my tranny were it connects to the diff is broken, does any one know if this is really bad? How much to repair, and how difficult?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Didn't your mechanic know?

Mine was making noise and was replaced, however I had it done under warranty so don't know about cost, sorry.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

He doesn't do tranny he wanted to take it to his friend who specialize in trannys but I don't know the guy so I don't know. Lol but how did you know yours were bad?

I Support ClubWRX
    Whistling noise from that area. Dealer investigated and repaired.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

K mine sounds like some grinding whooom but only when I'm going below 5mph and when I'm driving it's a little grinding by my shift area the grinding almost sounds like air going threw, it's hard to explain but like I said my mechanic said it was the tranny rear bearing he said something about getting a new tranny or rebuilt, but I just want to make sure I can just change the bearings, and if so do you know how many bearings there is in the rear tranny and the diff?

I Support ClubWRX
    grinding below 5mph, does it also happen while turning?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Kind of and it sounds like its coming from the back right side