Weird clutch noise at startup. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Weird clutch noise at startup. within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Rallye_Ghost It seems like there are alot of people with the same issue. I had to leave ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rallye_Ghost View Post
    It seems like there are alot of people with the same issue. I had to leave my ride another day after it was fixed because the clutch was squeeking so bad. I guess they didn't lube a connection. At least the bearing is new and all should be well today! Now everyone go to your dealers and get your rides fixed by Subaru!!
    Should update this thread in a few thousand miles if the noise comes back or not. I read in other forums that it did come back to people who went to the dealer and got it "fixed"...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Will do!!

I've read that the stock thowout bearrings for our generation always go bad. Even when they get replaced, if they put the same part back in it'll go bad again. There's supposed to be an aftermarket one the dealers will put in that's supposed to be better.
    But also I've seen that out of say 30 people on a forum that report this issue, only one of them had a serious problem. So it's neither a normal problem, or one to ignore

I've got just short of 93K miles on my 2010.. and its made the same noise when cold since it was brand new (63 mi) .. Its a subaru, its what they do. If it was harmful I'd have had an issue with mine and so far have not.

Just wait till you have to shoot down all the pedal mounting brackets with silicone lube because the clutch pedal starts to squeak loudly like an old chevy truck... lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

lol ya like what I'm going though.
    That's what I mean. Mine makes that throwout bearring noise and only when it's cold too. I looked it up and saw there's no known fixes. researched alittle bit more and found that it's the bearring. Everyone was reprting the same issue but it hasn't done anything bad regardless of how many miles are on it. Eventually one guy got fed up with it, brought it to the dealer and the car stalled as soon as he got there. So worst case scenario, if it even ever happens, you stall out.
    Personally if onloy one person reported that compared to the rest of the community saying it's fine. I wouldnt worry about it unless it gets louder or worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12