Kartboy short shifter and reverse lockout??

This is a discussion on Kartboy short shifter and reverse lockout?? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; K had this shifter in for a few days now....getting hard to get into reverse....do i need to adjust the ...

Kartboy short shifter and reverse lockout??

K had this shifter in for a few days now....getting hard to get into reverse....do i need to adjust the lockout cable...can't find info anywhere as to having to adjust it when throwing the short shift in....i did notice the cable inside was a bit longer(of course) when trying to put the pin back into the reverse lockout knob...anyone? Guess i need to get underneath agin to see whats up or adjust? if its adjustable? thanks also haven't put all the underneath bushings in yet still waiting for the hoist availability....would that cause the issue as well? its just bushings not really moving anything around...??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you zip tie the reverse lockout cable above the driveshaft? If not its bad because the cable will sit on the driveshaft and get tore up. Very quickly.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Ok took it in to get bushings o put in and on a hoist to see exactly whats going on with the lockout cable etc...yes you have to tywrap that sucker up or it rubs right on the driveshaft!!! Thats not in the DIY's ...lol and adjusted it a bit...found out the real reason is the threading on the kartboy is deeper than stock and if you tighten stock knob down it does not allow for the lock out to come up enough to engage properly...i had to put a bolt on the shifter knob first and then put knob on and tighten to allow for clearance ....thanks for help