Short Throw Shifters -- SPT, Cobb, Kartboy? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Short Throw Shifters -- SPT, Cobb, Kartboy? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Unfortunately I'm more broke than I thought haha had to scrap the idea of ordering the crossmembers, just getting the ...

Unfortunately I'm more broke than I thought haha had to scrap the idea of ordering the crossmembers, just getting the other three bushing sets for now, and then I'll install those plus my rear Kartboy at the same time.

I'll get the crossmembers/mount next spring perhaps when I got some spare change, parents might kill me if they find another package coming to the door... Not sure if I'll live long enough to install the bushings
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey just wondering as well, was thinking of installing my Kartboy Rear Shifter bushing later when I get home from work, since I have the other bushings (linkage, pivot and front) already ordered, should I just wait to do all of them at once?? Or is it not that big of a pain in the ass to do just the one that I have now?

Build Thread Beloww:

I Support ClubWRX
    I would recommend doing them all at once. Its not too big of a pain, but doing them at once saves you from removing and installing several components again and again.

Sent from my Droid 2
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah,it would be better to wait.No point doing it twice.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

dammit! haha was hoping it wouldn't be that bad, but oh well guess ill wait :P

Build Thread Beloww:

Hey, just wonderin if, since I had the dealer install the SPT short throw system, which includes upgraded linkage bushings, is it worth installing the new TiC linkage bushings?? All of my bushings should arrive today/install tonight so just wondering? Thanks guys

Build Thread Beloww:

Whatever happened to this install?
    2012 WRX

hey guys im new to this forum, but have been lurking for a few days trying to find what im looking for. ive foun threads on transmission issues with older 5spd wrx's but im looking to buy one a new 2012 wrx hacth and was wondering if the new wrx's experience the same shifting issues as the older ones ie. lockout/grinding of 1st and 2nd. is the main issues just the sloppy feel of the shifter? ive gone to test drive one already and i didnt really mind the shifter. could be a little better with throw length, shifter stiffness but other than that it was very fun to drive. so once again my question is, do the new 2011+ wrx's experience grinding/lockout/destruction of the transmission like the older wrx's or are the transmissions pretty solid?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234