Thud in 1st on startup

This is a discussion on Thud in 1st on startup within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2011 WRX is making a light thud noise when I put it into 1st and accelerate to about 5 mph. ...

Thud in 1st on startup

2011 WRX is making a light thud noise when I put it into 1st and accelerate to about 5 mph.

The noise happens in the first shift to 1st after a startup (not from red lights) and it occurs at about 2-5 mph. I am not hearing this thud noise in any other gear or at any other time. Does not seem to matter whether or not I use reverse before using first. Kinda sounds like running over a plastic cup, but unfortunately its happening every single time.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Phuz; 10-14-2011 at 01:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It might the abs actuator self test.

I have the same thing.

+1 have it too. Other rex's I've been in had it on start up so I didn't really think too much into it but I'm curious to what it is too.

Good to know im not alone on that then, haven't had time to take it to dealer to have them hear it.

I started a thread about this when I first received my 2011 WRX last November. I believe the consensus was the ABS check initializing.

I have the same thing, but is it normal for it to check .. every .. single.. time.. we start off in first gear?? to me it seems unnecessary and should only happen the first time you start off until the next time you drive the car. Bringing the car in for regular service tom, will ask the guys and post here if they do anything or have anything to say about it.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

Mine occurs only after. the initial start up