2011 WRX Clutch Noise - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Clutch Noise within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sme thing just happened to me. I took me a in, they checked it and the master cylinder, said all ...

Sme thing just happened to me. I took me a in, they checked it and the master cylinder, said all is good. They noticed the linkage was a tad off and fixed that. I still have the same feeling but it's not as bad. The clutch works so i Haven't taken it back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rholman1 View Post
    I noticed the same sound from my clutch pedal after driving my 2011 for a couple weeks...I was planning on having the dealer check it out when I take it in for the first oil change
    Mine seems to make a slight squeeking noise lately as well doesnt seem to bother me that much... maybe ill get mine checked out when i get the 7500k service

keep me posted as to what your dealer does

Also wanted to point out that my cousin has a 2011 sedan and his clutch seems to be tighter than mine..strange
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

So I went back for my "last straw" appointment with the dealer. They drained my clutch fluid, swapped out the master cylinder and lubed a few things. The sound is gone now other than a very slight click of the pedal moving forward from a steady position. The motion is also more fluid and smoother than before. I am happy with the fix FINALLY but still have yet to find out my fate regarding the rental car situation.

Similar problem in 11 WRX

I just started experiencing the click noise during a forward motion in my 11 WRX wagon with 28k. I would also hear another noise light squeaking noise during cold start. I took the car in and the Master & Slave cylinders + clutch hose had to be changed. The tech didn't even start my. He sat in pressed the clutch and said it had to be taken in. It was great that I didn't have to go on a ride along to replicate the problem. My clutch pedal felt very stiff when I took it in. Hoping to have a softer clutch feel when I get it back.

A buddy of mine also has a 2011 wrx was having similar issues and had a similar fix. It was related to the pressure plate and one of the cylinders. I drove his car after he got it back from the dealer the clutch is as soft as the clutch on the BRZ.

I have a 2010 never have had this issue yet. If someone finds the answer post! If I do i'll come right back here.
    2010 WRX Hatchback
    WRB

Hey quick question while im here. I bought mine used with 35k miles on it. Its a 2010. The dealer said im covered under the powertrain warranty for 60k or 3 years so that means like Jan 1st im out or?
    2010 WRX Hatchback
    WRB

Quote Originally Posted by Subaryan View Post
    Hey quick question while im here. I bought mine used with 35k miles on it. Its a 2010. The dealer said im covered under the powertrain warranty for 60k or 3 years so that means like Jan 1st im out or?
    If you feel or hear the tiniest noise, take the car in to be checked out. I just got my car back yesterday and I still hear a tiny click noise but the other noises are all gone. The clutch feels like pushing through warm butter. It feels like a different car that I have to get used to now.

They changed the following:

• Master Cyl Clutch LB
    • Brake Fluid (not sure why) maybe due to removing of parts to access the clutch.
    • Pivot release lever
    • Complete Clutch Disk
    • CVR CP Clutch
    • BRG Clutch release
    • Flywheel AY Flexible
    • Gasket
    • GSKT EXH PIPE R

Thought I'd share. I'll report back if anything changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12