Question???? for wrx please!!!

This is a discussion on Question???? for wrx please!!! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this is my first post im new, please help me out, so i have a 03 wrx and as i ...

Question???? for wrx please!!!

this is my first post im new, please help me out,
    so i have a 03 wrx and as i have found out this year model has a weak transmission and in my wrx the transmission is starting to go bad, could i get the sti transmission and would it fit there no problem (2.0L engine)or what would be the best choice to do for my transmission.....thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's all about how you drive your car and how it's been driven. I bought a 03 that was beat to **** by the previous owners, so the syncros were starting to go bad on first and third. Yes you can put a sti tranny in but it would be cheaper to get a ra gear set or possibly a ppg set.

Heres a couple links to a lot of information.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665334
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, an STi 6spd would fit. Its cost installed would exceed 50% of the value of the car though. The cheapest option is to replace the 5spd with another used 5spd.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Its cost installed would exceed 50% of the value of the car though.
    So true.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

okay thanks and last questions could i swap the gears myself or would it be to hard for an average person and whats the price range of the ppg set?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaap View Post
    okay thanks and last questions could i swap the gears myself or would it be to hard for an average person and whats the price range of the ppg set?
    The average person would not be able to swap transmissions. Your average PPG setups range from $3,000-5,000 not installed.

Why do you think you need all of this?

because the syncros in my transmission are going bad they sound like they are alway grinding