Help car won't move forward or reverse

This is a discussion on Help car won't move forward or reverse within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sorry If this does not go here was not sure. It happen after I drove home from work and left ...

Help car won't move forward or reverse

Sorry If this does not go here was not sure.

It happen after I drove home from work and left it park in my garage for only a few hours, before I had to go back to work and this all happen just in a few hours. It was raining really hard not sure if his would do anything to the car.

It start up fine like nothing is wrong with it and no light comes on the dashboard. When I hold the clutch down and shift to any of the gear it does make the click sound that is grabbing the gear but for some reason it does not go forward or reverse. It seem to be water coming out of the exhaust with white smoke, even when it is warm up. I try to push car out of the garage with a buddy to move the car, and it didn't move one bit like the ebrake was on, which is not. I search to see what some people say about this but wanted to make sure if it was right or not.

Could it be that my

-transmission is broken
    -need transmission fluid
    -shifter linkage may have broken loose
    -axle broken
    -need new clutch and TOB

I only had the car for about 2 weeks and this just happen yestoday.
    Last edited by Spoon06STI; 04-25-2010 at 08:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just throwing this out there, but could it be your e-brake stuck to the drum (from all the rain).
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but could it be your e-brake stuck to the drum (from all the rain).
    ahh k might have to check then thx.

Anyone think is a blown head gasket?

I Support ClubWRX
    Whether you have a blown head gasket or not is not IMO related to why your car does not move. Water coming out of the exhaust, BTW, does not indicate a blow head gasket usually. It usually indicates a low dew point in the environment.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Its a 06STi? Check your ebrake. It's not a blown head gasket as SD_GR pointed out. If its not the ebrake, it could be a number of things with the transmission. How many miles are on the car? Were all the fluids checked when you bought it? Like clutch fluid perhaps?
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Its a 06STi? Check your ebrake. It's not a blown head gasket as SD_GR pointed out. If its not the ebrake, it could be a number of things with the transmission. How many miles are on the car? Were all the fluids checked when you bought it? Like clutch fluid perhaps?
    yes is a 06 sti, k good sry was just reading up some info that I search about the head gasket thank you. When I bought it it had 54,142 and right now it sit at 54,849, It is bone stock, no mod and yes I did checked the fluids before I bought it but I can't remember if I check the clutch fluid but Ill check it again. Going to check the ebrake today or tmw.

What's your warranty on the car?

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Even if the e-brake was engaged the car would still lunge a little.

Could be your blinker fluid though

What's your warranty on the car?
    I still have the 5year/60k and I have the extended warranty it goes to 100k mile.
    Last edited by Spoon06STI; 04-26-2010 at 11:57 AM.

k I just found it was stuck on the e-brake which now the car is fine woot but the white smoke and water is still coming out from the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon06STI View Post
    k I just found it was stuck on the e-brake which now the car is fine woot but the white smoke and water is still coming out from the exhaust.
    White smoke from the exhaust is fine as long as it goes away once the car warms up.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Whether you have a blown head gasket or not is not IMO related to why your car does not move. Water coming out of the exhaust, BTW, does not indicate a blow head gasket usually. It usually indicates a low dew point in the environment.
    ^ This. Unless it's super thick white smoke that smells of oil.

^ This. Unless it's super thick white smoke that smells of oil.
    Ahh k thx.