135k on stock clutch, time to change??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 135k on stock clutch, time to change??? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; *shrug* I replaced my clutch at 45k....

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    *shrug* I replaced my clutch at 45k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    *shrug* I replaced my clutch at 45k.
    And the engine, and the carpet, and the seats, and the ECU, and.....
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

It's got more in it too. Basically planning to drive it without changing it for the forseeable future. 65 miles a day highway on cruise control isn't hard on clutches.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    And the engine, and the carpet, and the seats, and the ECU, and.....
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Still OG clutch, 195k. Haven't changed the turbo despite a slight oil leak that results in a quart low after about 5k miles (i do 10k oil changes).

Gotta do tie rods and ball joints soon i'm thinking, but i might just need an alignment too. Steering seems a little loose.

Could use a trans oil change and rear diff oil change. Think it's been about 100k miles lol.

Just bought new tires. Michelin Primus. Think i'll paint my wheels soon. Brake dust is doing a number on the finish. I need to find a better pad.

I'll definitely buckle down and get a lot of stuff swapped out when i do the timing belt/water pump around the 210k mile point. Car is running like a champ and i'll hit that by mid year next year. I'll probably do cam seals, oil pump, all the idler pulleys, crank seal and whatever else tickles my fancy. I thought about a head gasket too... maybe. I need to do a compression test soon.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

222k miles now. Still OG clutch. Bout to do my second timing belt change. Kinda going all out on anything that i feel i should change, like oil pump, idlers, etc. Going to finally change the turbo too, since i have a 30k turbo in my garage i bought on nasioc 3 years ago, lol. Car still runs good though.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    222k miles now. Still OG clutch. Bout to do my second timing belt change. Kinda going all out on anything that i feel i should change, like oil pump, idlers, etc. Going to finally change the turbo too, since i have a 30k turbo in my garage i bought on nasioc 3 years ago, lol. Car still runs good though.
    damn bro thats awesome! i hope my car lasts that long

Love your sigs

God damn I hope my clutch lasts that long !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.