09 wrx clutch problems!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 wrx clutch problems! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 09 WRX with just over 10k on it and over the past few days the clutch has ...

09 wrx clutch problems!

I have an 09 WRX with just over 10k on it and over the past few days the clutch has been starting to slip and is getting worse and worse! Is it possible that my cluth may be going in my car??

I only run Cobb Stage 1 with an AP and although I do drive my car I dont ride the clutch and Ive only ever done a few launches.

Nothing outside the way I have treated any of my other vehicles, it just seems very strange my clutch would be doing this when its so new????

its going into the dealership tomorrow for the paint to be fixed on the front end and they said they will look at it. Is this even covered under warranty being brand new??

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, I would think that would be a warranty issue. I have 140,000 miles on my stageII and my clutch is just now on its way out. 10,000 miles is ridiculous unless it were a track only car or something like that.

Naturally, you wouldn't want them to know about the AP. They might try and use that as an excuse to not warranty the work. Flash back to stock before you head in.

Good luck, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Think I might be having an issue with mine too.

AWD n00b
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

Not 10.000 miles, 10.000 kms! Im really hoping my dealership repair this under warranty.
    I have already put the vehicle back to stock ready for it going in tomorrow. Im just in shock that part could go so quickly, if I was running 400hp or something I would understand but this is crazy!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers

Yeah, thats only 6,250 miles. I've only done maybe 3 or 4 launches on mine. That last one spun the clutch like crazy.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX

Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

Well the car has gone into the dealership today to be looked at...... guess we will see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Well the car has gone into the dealership today to be looked at...... guess we will see what happens
    Let us know what the results are.

So the dealership is going to repair my paintwork over the next few days. After that they will pull the tranny and decide if it should be covered under warranty or not!

This is ridiculous! There should be nothing to decide on, the car is 3 months old! Cluthces dont go that fast!

IM FURIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    So the dealership is going to repair my paintwork over the next few days. After that they will pull the tranny and decide if it should be covered under warranty or not!

This is ridiculous! There should be nothing to decide on, the car is 3 months old! Cluthces dont go that fast!

IM FURIOUS!
    Did anyone else drive your car? My clutch went out at 6000mi, the stock WRX clutch will tear apart if you beat it up unbroken in. I took my car to drag in like the first 2k miles so I deserved it.

Something to think about I guess. I'm investing in a St2 next time I need clutch.. just wish all those $20 red lights paid for it.. lol
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Im smelling clutch a bit more on mine now. Keep us updated on what the dealer says, may have to take mine in as well.
    How much is the average clutch replacement job on one of these?
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Im smelling clutch a bit more on mine now. Keep us updated on what the dealer says, may have to take mine in as well.
    How much is the average clutch replacement job on one of these?
    Subaru parts & labor runs around $1k for the whole deal. (Clutch, Flywheel, Pressure Plate + Labor) I threw away the memo the other day
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Yeah, $1,000 is wack.

Amazon.com: EXEDY KSB03 OEM Replacement Clutch Kit: Automotive

I'll be doing this in my garage in the next week or so. I should get out of it for under $200 after the flywheel resurfacing and anti-freeze.

I looked up some installs online. The whole thing is a little intimidating, but I didn't see anything that I couldn't do.
    Last edited by T.J.; 05-04-2009 at 11:00 PM.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    I'll be doing this in my garage in the next week or so. I should get out of it for under $200 after the flywheel resurfacing and anti-freeze.
    The labor is a huge chunk of the cost...

FYI- Subaru has no spec for turning the flywheel, you may want to consider a replacement. Other people have had success turning them, but it is a risk...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Well the dealership is trying to say its driver abuse. I have called SOC and complained. They are contacting the dealership.

yea thats b.s. i had a friend take my car for a joyride while i was sleeping and he completely burnt the clutch in one drive. that just goes to show you how crappy the stock clutch is (and how crappy of a driver that guy is). i literally had the smell of clutch pouring into my car through the AC vents and the dealership still gave me a free replacement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.