09 wrx clutch problems! - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 wrx clutch problems! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by gunnywrx Glad it got resolved under warranty ... What was said to SOC to get them to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnywrx View Post
    Glad it got resolved under warranty... What was said to SOC to get them to convince the dealership to change their mind?
    He's Canadian... I'm expecting a threat involving french fries and gravy.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    He's Canadian... I'm expecting a threat involving french fries and gravy.
    Hahahahhaa actually im English, just living in canada so probably more likely to involve tea and crumpets!

I just told them I will never reccomend their brand to anyone again, that im very dissapointed etc. I just ranted for over 15 mins about how Im not treated like a customer should be.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    so how long should it take for the clutch to start loosening up? its been 8,000 miles so far.
    my friends 08 wrx's clutch is super stiff and he has over 65k on his, I thi nk its just how they are, there is a huge spring under the pedal creating some resistance.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    my friends 08 wrx's clutch is super stiff and he has over 65k on his, I thi nk its just how they are, there is a huge spring under the pedal creating some resistance.
    it must be something they changed mid-year because the one i test drove was an early 08 model and the clutch was super light. i kinda like it stiffer, id like to loosen it just a tad though

Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    it must be something they changed mid-year because the one i test drove was an early 08 model and the clutch was super light. i kinda like it stiffer, id like to loosen it just a tad though
    you will be able to notice any new wrx owners by their left leg being considerably bigger than there right due to heavy clutches!

IMO WRX clutch feels great when its broken in and stiff - I don't know what the difference is but new clutchs always feel featherlight
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

yeah I have to agree, I love the feeling of the clutch. Its much better when its stiff, at least it feels heavy duty then

So approaching the 3 week point and still no clutch has arrived at the dealership to fix my car with! They keep promising me dates and then saying oh another 4 days, oh another 3 days!

Im getting very frustrated.

any of you guys notice a little squeal when the clutch pedal is in on a cold start? it usually goes away after 5min of driving. it never happens when the pedal is up (neutral or gear engaged) and is more prominent when engaging a gear.

cant say ive ever noticed that, no.

I now have the car back and the clutch feels good. Just take it a little easier this time I think!!!!

yeah nimbus my 09 does the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by baht09wrx View Post
    yeah nimbus my 09 does the same thing
    just spoke to a guy that had this problem with his 06 lgt (and still does). he explained it exactly as i did above. been a year now and his throwout bearing is still ok. says he just deals with it. tells me it gets louder in the winter though but still goes away. feel like test driving any 09's at your local dealer to check if they come from the factory like this? my guys have seen me enough during the buying process... think they'll shoot me on site if they see me again!

binjoau, can you please be on the lookout for this?

Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    The labor is a huge chunk of the cost...

FYI- Subaru has no spec for turning the flywheel, you may want to consider a replacement. Other people have had success turning them, but it is a risk...
    Finished for under $200!

Resurfacing went fine. Took a couple of days by myself. Huge PITA but worth it.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Finished for under $200!

Resurfacing went fine. Took a couple of days by myself. Huge PITA but worth it.

Later, T.J.
    I'm glad it worked for you.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Yeah, I think I read that it was hit or miss w/ some of the later flywheels but is fine for '02-'03 models.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."