09 wrx clutch problems! - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 wrx clutch problems! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think its to early to say the stock clutch is junk.......... My clutch put up with alot of abuse....... ...

I think its to early to say the stock clutch is junk.......... My clutch put up with alot of abuse....... and i learned how to drive stick on it........ make sure you talk to them in a professional matter....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    yea thats b.s. i had a friend take my car for a joyride while i was sleeping and he completely burnt the clutch in one drive. that just goes to show you how crappy the stock clutch is (and how crappy of a driver that guy is). i literally had the smell of clutch pouring into my car through the AC vents and the dealership still gave me a free replacement.
    That was a worthless post.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    That was a worthless post.
    why was it worthless?

the antagonist in your story is a weak undeveloped character who you should have less than mercilessly chewed out.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

I Support ClubWRX
    why was it worthless?
    Because the stock clutch doesn't burn up like that. It probably wasn't gone either, it was probably glazed. Your friend is an ass hole for glazing your clutch face.

The stock clutch at stock horsepower is good for anywhere between 50-150k miles depending on the driver.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    the antagonist in your story is a weak undeveloped character who you should have less than mercilessly chewed out.
    I really liked that sentence... You should've gone to college
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Because the stock clutch doesn't burn up like that. It probably wasn't gone either, it was probably glazed. Your friend is an ass hole for glazing your clutch face.

The stock clutch at stock horsepower is good for anywhere between 50-150k miles depending on the driver.
    well i tried to drive it and in gear it wouldn't even move so i had it towed to the dealership. when i picked up the car the mechanic said: "man that thing was fried". to be honest ive never heard of a glazed clutch, can you tell me the difference?

I Support ClubWRX
    well i tried to drive it and in gear it wouldn't even move so i had it towed to the dealership. when i picked up the car the mechanic said: "man that thing was fried". to be honest ive never heard of a glazed clutch, can you tell me the difference?
    a Glazed clutch means you burnt the clutch face until it glazes over and becomes slippery. This makes it so that the clutch begins to slip, or won't engage at all. It happens with too much slipping while engaging (aka too much gas not enough clutch), or a clutch that cant handle extreme power.

A glazed clutch is usually recoverable, either by machining off a small layer, or by daily driving until the glaze gets worn off.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

ok so one more question, when i got the car back the clutch was a lot stiffer than before. i went and test drove a stock 08 (i have an 08) last month and the clutch was extremely light compared to mine. so why do you think this happened?

I Support ClubWRX
    ok so one more question, when i got the car back the clutch was a lot stiffer than before. i went and test drove a stock 08 (i have an 08) last month and the clutch was extremely light compared to mine. so why do you think this happened?
    All clutches are stiff when first installed. It's just like how you install springs on your car and then they settle.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

So.....

after a rather heated discussion with SOC today about the whole situation, my dealership just called me.

He said that the clutch will be repaired under warranty or as a good will gesture regardless of the reason for the clutches failure.

I am very relieved! I think it did help calling SOC though, funny how they must have given my dealer an earful and he was then very nice to me!!!!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    So.....

after a rather heated discussion with SOC today about the whole situation, my dealership just called me.

He said that the clutch will be repaired under warranty or as a good will gesture regardless of the reason for the clutches failure.

I am very relieved! I think it did help calling SOC though, funny how they must have given my dealer an earful and he was then very nice to me!!!!!
    I thought all you canucks were nice though... Too nice. A little suspicious...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

All clutches are stiff when first installed. It's just like how you install springs on your car and then they settle.
    so how long should it take for the clutch to start loosening up? its been 8,000 miles so far.

I Support ClubWRX
    so how long should it take for the clutch to start loosening up? its been 8,000 miles so far.
    I think it's time, not use. I'd say give it a few months, and if you still think it's way too stiff, then take it back to the shop you got it done at to get it inspected.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    I have called SOC and complained. They are contacting the dealership.
    Glad it got resolved under warranty... What was said to SOC to get them to convince the dealership to change their mind?
    Who wants to have some FUN!
    ---Stink-Eye Mob #26---