2006 wrx transmission
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 wrx transmission within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering about how much horsepower a 2006 wrx tranny can withstand til I would have to do a ...

2006 wrx transmission

I was wondering about how much horsepower a 2006 wrx tranny can withstand til I would have to do a 6 speed swap and how much would a mechanic normally charge to swap a 6 speed in a wrx?thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It really depends on how you drive it. Stock power and dropping the clutch and you'll be getting a new tranny before you know it. Stage2 people have run over 100k on the stock tranny. Any modifications though, and really you should consider at least having money available for tranny work... just in case.

Im running a vf39 on mine with zero problems but still want somethin stronger.
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Thanx

I wanna trade my wrx in for maybe a 2004 sti but I dunno how much difference it be so I gotta wait til I get back in houston from japan.If not though and perhaps I do drop a 6 speed in my 2006 wrx is their anything else that the 2006 sti has other than upgraded suspension that I need to know about before turning the wrx into a hp monster?I read that the injectors are the same but I'm not sure on the pistons?Also does anyone know if 3k for a sti tranny with about 55k miles is a good deal?What would be a good price for a mechanic to charge to swap a 6 speed in my wrx?thanx for any help on this

hawk vf39

when u added the sti turbo did you have to change anything else on the wrx or was it just the turbo you replaced?How much did it cost for the part and install of everything?

I believe from what I read all you need with a 2.5 (06/07) is the VF39, larger intercooler, and downpipe.

that is correct. and its a blasty blast
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    It really depends on how you drive it. Stock power and dropping the clutch and you'll be getting a new tranny before you know it. Stage2 people have run over 100k on the stock tranny. Any modifications though, and really you should consider at least having money available for tranny work... just in case.
    Many 06-07 have snapped gears at stg 2, not because of the hp, but of the Tq. Tq kills trannys

Quote Originally Posted by cradlerofdeath View Post
    I wanna trade my wrx in for maybe a 2004 sti but I dunno how much difference it be so I gotta wait til I get back in houston from japan.If not though and perhaps I do drop a 6 speed in my 2006 wrx is their anything else that the 2006 sti has other than upgraded suspension that I need to know about before turning the wrx into a hp monster?I read that the injectors are the same but I'm not sure on the pistons?Also does anyone know if 3k for a sti tranny with about 55k miles is a good deal?What would be a good price for a mechanic to charge to swap a 6 speed in my wrx?thanx for any help on this

Dude, your in Japan, buy as much as you can over there
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/

japan

I was living in okinawa japan its not mainland japan so everything is shipped there and overpriced I could get a brand new sti for less or the same price here as in okinawa its pretty dumb lol

I was wondering about how much horsepower a 2006 wrx tranny can withstand til I would have to do a 6 speed swap and how much would a mechanic normally charge to swap a 6 speed in a wrx?thanx
    i have a 02 wrxits making 365 hp. i just had third gear let go on me. i was pulling a run up this hill and at about 18 lbs of boost it just ripped all the teath off. i heard third is the weakist gear in there and i am now looking to fox it. i was wondering if you knew of any cheap outlets for them?

wrx

Nope sorry I honestly don't know alot about my wrx just enough to know what mods to put on it when adding hp and even than im confused =-)Im sure if you make a thread someone could help you though the people here are pretty good at getting you a answer when you ask...good luck sorry to hear about your car breaking on you

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEQ6902WRX
    i have a 02 wrxits making 365 hp. i just had third gear let go on me. i was pulling a run up this hill and at about 18 lbs of boost it just ripped all the teath off. i heard third is the weakist gear in there and i am now looking to fox it. i was wondering if you knew of any cheap outlets for them?
    STI Type RA Gearsets 02+ WRX IA Performance
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    I believe from what I read all you need with a 2.5 (06/07) is the VF39, larger intercooler, and downpipe.
    fuel pump + injectors too.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

actually the 06 wrx has the same fuel injectors as the sti from what i read from countless sources....Oh btw wrxtreme is the 241 hp it says on your dyno 241 whp?.... cause I heard that the 06 wrx has 245 bhp stock....just wondering thanx.Oh btw your subaru looks awesome without the wing one reason I hate how the sti looks the big wings are horrific=-/IMO
    Last edited by cradlerofdeath; 11-09-2008 at 05:29 PM.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    actually the 06 wrx has the same fuel injectors as the sti from what i read from countless sources....
    WRX uses high impedance top feed injectors
    04-06 STI uses high impedance side feed injectors (also called bottom feed)
    Injector, Fuel Pump, and Fuel Rail FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC

upgrading to vf39 HELP - NASIOC

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.