Wrx Trannys good or suck??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx Trannys good or suck?? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I havea 05 wrx and ibroke my reverse gear once alrdy...i guess the person who hadit before me was just ...

Wrx Trannys good or suck??

I havea 05 wrx and ibroke my reverse gear once alrdy...i guess the person who hadit before me was just driving the living hell out of reverse.. but i wana knw how hardis the wrx's tranny...adn what rpm's would be like the ideal launch for them...i still dont knw were to launch it i always aimfro 4.5 or 5k
    rpm need some help here plz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i launcehd my 04 wrx from like 5k many times with no trouble... then once day i was goin like 25 and i poped the clutch in first... ill just say i was sick to my stomach... but ya try not to launch it to much .. occasianally i would say its ...alright but not really

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JRT/Acosta View Post
    ...good or suck?
    This is almost certainly a case of "if you have to ask" and in that case I'd say the answer is "suck." Look into other platforms.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Personally I think it's a good thing when my trannys suck, but that's just personal preference.
    Do you mind if I put that in my sig?

I wouldn't say they suck, they are just weak for the platform. How the hell someone broke reverse is beyond me....most people that upgrade their gears leave 5th and reverse alone.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRT/Acosta View Post
    I have launched in reverse
    fixed

Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.