ATF Question

This is a discussion on ATF Question within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 02 WRX with an automatic trans (sorry guys). It has 103k and most likely has not been ...

ATF Question

I have a 02 WRX with an automatic trans (sorry guys). It has 103k and most likely has not been changed. I have been told by my mechanic to change the trans oil and filter. When reading the maintenance manual it says the trans filter is a maintenance free part and should only be changed if damaged or leaking. I think that if you are changing the old oil you should change the ATF filter. Just want to get opinions. Also what ATF oil would you recommend.

Thanks for your input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I change the spin on filter every time I changed the fluid....I took it as the filter inside the trany is not a maintenance item. I use AmsOil for everything...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

ATF Filter

So what is the ATF filter part that you actually change? Could you give me a brand and part #?

Thanks

Don't know part number, I just went to dealer and got the spin on filter for the 4EAT
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...