Do you let your car buck in first and second gear?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Do you let your car buck in first and second gear? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Or do you clutch in when releasing the gas peddle. Just wondering if the cars natural AWD bucking has negative ...

Do you let your car buck in first and second gear?

Or do you clutch in when releasing the gas peddle. Just wondering if the cars natural AWD bucking has negative affects on the car/transmission.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No, only happens when the tranny is really cold and I phuq up.
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    No, only happens when the tranny is really cold and I phuq up.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.

I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.

It's fun... try it

Last edited by ninefourteener; 02-07-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

rotflmao!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.

I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.

It's fun... try it

un poqito.

It's fun... try it

It's fun... try it

This could possibly be sig worthy...
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

doin it right now i called dibs!
    un poqito.

It's fun... try it

driving with the clutch pedal pushed halfway down is fun! I also like when i stick crayons up my nose, IT TICKLES MY BRAIN!

im wondering about this too. When im in first and say my RPMS are around 3-4k, and i let off the gas the car or tranny makes a wierd noise, and kinda bucks back and forth... Is this Common for AWD Cars?

It's fun... try it

nice... vid or ban
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

yeah weird. I noticed this too...

Driving along parking lots, leaving the gear in first makes weird sound when you let off gas and let engine slow you down.

or

when it's my turn to go up on a 4 way stop.

Gas, let go of clutch, then let go of gas an clutch right away. But this is when I first pull away from block in the morning.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

It's fun... try it

you would probably do that if you could safely lol

Wasnt asking about how to shift or drive a manual car, more of how the car responds when you release the gas in first and second gear and RPMs are decreasing, the car does some AWD jerkiness to slow down or accelerate. A RWD or FWD vehicle is obviously much smoother

It's fun... try it

HAHAHA
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

i smell nastycock OT!!

Well since no one can give you a real answer ill tell you what i think.
    Personally i leave it in gear when i am slowing down. And yes the awd does cause some rocking and slight bucking.
    How bad does your car buck? mine only does it very slightly.
    2002 WRB WRX- XPT Stage 2 Awaiting 25% more displacement!!

got grip?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.