Shifter Set up...want mine higher!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Shifter Set up...want mine higher! within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Afternoon all! as previously noted i am new to the Subaru thing...(my back round is building vintage Ford race cars ...

Question Shifter Set up...want mine higher!

Afternoon all!

as previously noted i am new to the Subaru thing...(my back round is building vintage Ford race cars and hot MG's)

I am going nuts constantly reaching down to shift! are there any kits that i can buy to get the shifter up higher? (ideal would be the top of the shifter knob would be just below the centerline of the steering wheel)

I was reading about the Cobb set up and it seems to be adjustable, but how high up can i get it? or are there any other recomendations...or am i going to have to get busy making chips to get what i want?

Thanks -

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a company who has a tall shifter in testing right now. I'll see if I can find the info. The problem is that nobody really wants a tall shifter that requires a foot long throw between gears and getting something that has the height and maintains a relatively short throw isn't as easy as it seems. The company said they were having problems with the trans or something. I'll try to find the info and post it here...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I found one over at rally innovations, but i think that it is still in prototype form, i will keep looking.

the cobb shifter can be adjusted up an additional 1.5", i can make a high rise knob that would get me another 1" or so, so it might be a start

I Support ClubWRX
    Rally inovations is the one I was talking about. It may be a while before thats done... I think the cobb is the tallest one you can get right now...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

a longer throw with your tranny might be dangerous if your not careful shifting cause you are gonna be able to put into gear with less force than you are used to on your part.

and yeah the cobb one is the only longer one i've heard of, you could always take apart your shifter, weld a rod on it and thread it :P
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

zapman presents an interesting alternative. i have the cobb one, and basically all it is, is a threaded rod w/ a couple locking bolts on the bottom. if you get the cobb one and find the length still isnt what you want it just get a rod thats threaded the same size, cut it to whatever length you want, screw it in and bada bing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.