Short Shift Install Help

This is a discussion on Short Shift Install Help within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys got the TWM shifter installed and im loving it...

Short Shifter Installed

Hey guys got the TWM shifter installed and im loving it
    Last edited by brandonbeeb; 12-25-2005 at 03:03 PM. Reason: changed
    TheJ original quote
    I didn't just fall off the truck from riceville. I mean how do you know the earth is round? You have a book that "SAYS" so... That doesn't mean too much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've heard of people having problems getting the ball in when it's cold, I never had a problem though.

Ensure there's enough grease on it, hit it with a rubber hammer.

ya you pretty much need a rubber hammer.. if not.. find a small sledge hammer and cover it with a lot of towels.. worked for me.

it helps to put the stock shift knob on when you hammer it.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

aight i got it installed. i used a heat gun to warm the bushings and everything up since its snowing out. went in like a hot knife in butter. What a huge difference it makes best 80 dollars canadian spent. its a TWR short shifter here are some pics below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx parts 006.jpg   wrx parts 010.jpg   wrx parts 008.jpg   wrx parts 013.jpg   wrx parts 012.jpg  

TheJ original quote
    I didn't just fall off the truck from riceville. I mean how do you know the earth is round? You have a book that "SAYS" so... That doesn't mean too much.

I am trying to get mine in and I cannot for the life of me. I live in Arizona so the bushings being cold shouldnt matter seeing as how it is like 70 right now. Any ideas or tips? I beat on it a bit with hammer with the factory shift knob on, but it wont budge. I now get to drive my roommmates hyundai tiburon to work tomorrow unless I get it in tonight
    Blobeye Syndicate #89
    http://www.myspace.com/qmansda
    2005 WRX, Cobb Stage II, Greddy EVO2 catback, Helix catted Downpipe, TurboXS Uppipe, TWM short shifter, Air Hog, Custom Carbon Concepts gauge pod with 2 5/8" Autometers