Has anyone bought the "genuine" oe tranny fluid? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Has anyone bought the "genuine" oe tranny fluid? within the Transmission & AWD forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how often do you change your trany oil??????? you should bottle it and sell it here...

how often do you change your trany oil??????? you should bottle it and sell it here
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like I have ~ 12,000 miles on the "go extra" and still good No grinding any gears, I can downshift into 1st (w/ double clutch) at 20mph w/ no problems.

Several of the folks competing in some of the bigger venues are still using this same fluid, they've had the opportunity to try out several fluids and have settled on this.

Someone posted above 10 gallons, but it's actually five gals (20 liters)- enough to do five full fills.

I'm not sure what the manual calls for tranny/diff changes- I do mine at ~ 20,000 miles- I'm pretty sure this is earlier than what the manual calls for. Most of my maintainence tends to be "ahead of schedule"
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Banned
    5 fills for that price is pretty good. Think about how much money you save just doing it yourself. I think I will hit up my local dealer for this and some oem oil filters. What are you guys using for the trans????

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    What are you guys using for the trans????
    This is for the tranny (maybe you meant something else)

Banned
    oh I thought this was for the front and rear diff??? do you use the same for the whole drivetrain then???

Banned
    my bad I read back a few posts and see now that it can be used for the tranny and f/r diff as well. So any subaru dealer should be able to get a hold of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    oh I thought this was for the front and rear diff??? do you use the same for the whole drivetrain then???
    Do you know where your front diff is?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    front dif is filled w/ the tranny and this will work for the rear- yeah any dealer should be able to get it, but again I'd caution to get it by part #- not something they fill a jug w/- dealers are using all kinds of different fluids- this one works- I can't vouch for they may be using in their shops.

Banned
    ha sorry again guys I am a dumbass. HEHE of course the front diff is connected to the trans cause it is a transaxle up front duh. I knew that just had a momentary lapse of retardation. LOL

I Support ClubWRX
    no probleeeemo- we all do

Banned
    hey big sky what tires do you use for winter tires??? I was looking at hankooks are those any good?

I Support ClubWRX
    good discussion here:

Winter Tires

Banned
    has anyone bought a certified pre-owned scooby??? I am wondering if they did my 30000 mile service before I bought it since it had 29000 or so miles on it when I bought it. Oil, tranny fluid and coolant all look very clean so I am assuming they did but I am not taking any chances. Can I just go into the dealer and ask for the records will they have that??? I am new to the newer cars with warrantys on it and what not so sorry for the noobish questions.

Banned
    mainly cause I did all my own maintainence on all my other vehicles I have owned.

Banned
    bump

anyone have any advice???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.