TCE brings Wilwood Big Brakes to ClubWRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on TCE brings Wilwood Big Brakes to ClubWRX within the Suspension forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; TCE Performance Products joins ClubWRX! TCE has chosen to support ClubWRX to make owners aware of the full line of ...

TCE brings Wilwood Big Brakes to ClubWRX

TCE Performance Products joins ClubWRX!
    TCE has chosen to support ClubWRX to make owners aware of the full line of Wilwood Big Brake Kits.

We are here to offer you the latest in Wilwood factory kits: the the all new 13 and 14"WRX - Kits front kits as well as the 13" rear kit- all for your 2008 and later Impreza!

These new factory kits are sold complete; choice of 12.88 or 14.0" x 1.10" wide directional cast GT rotors, the new FNSL6 caliper in choice of pre-applied black or red poweder coat finish, street pads, hats, hoses and all the related hardware.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13FNSL6RED.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	114131

Name:	14FNSL6.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	114126

Name:	13FNSL4RED.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	114123

The 13" kit is now the replacement for the older 140-7005 kit sold with the former BSL6 caliper- making both front kit actually back fit to 1999. For those of you with the oder cars howevrer you'll be keeping the 12.2" rear kit as offered for years now due to the parking brake size. The new 13" rear kits for the later car are dedicated to the new parking brake and drum. However they "may" be retrofit to those of you have completed the "H6 conversion" perhaps.

Name:	13BSL6BLACK.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	114124 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	122LMDPRED.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	114128

In addtion to these new factory kits Wilwood has opted to produce our 14" x 1.25" W6A front Track kit- this is (or was) a TCE exclusive kit for the past couple of years. Like a number of Wilwood factory kits TCE has set the standard for which new kits have been produced; 14" WRX, 14" Charger/Challenger, Corvette Caliper Kits, MINI rear parking brake kit and others. TCE has been a Wilwood dealer for nearly 20yrs. We've designed and produced kits for a variety of street and track uses and shipped around the globe. As a "go to" shop for custom Wilwood kits we receive referrals from the factory weekly. While we are sorry to see the 14" WRX kits become mainstream the reality is that this means lower final costs to you; our customers.

Name:	14W6ARED.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	114127

Most of these kits are available for purchase at this time. *As of today I hear there is a bit of a back order however on the rear 13" rotor- about 3wks out perhaps for slotted GT casting.

We also offer both the factory 12.0 Dynapro LBK or Little Brake Kit for smaller wheels. We offer it in both standard 12.0 and optional 12.2" size, with and without dust boots, AND we also do this with a custom 1" wide rotor for extreme duty service- ie. Rally use.

Name:	1200DPRBLACK.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	114129

If you have considered Wilwood product over the years and heard the forum horror stories rest easy.
    I'll be around to clear the air of a lot of misconceptions.

CALL.....EMAIL.....PM today for the lowest prices, best service and most product knowledge!

History:
    Founded in 1993 TCE is owned and operated by Todd Cook. I've been invovled in racing since 1985 managing the shops for both the Jim Russell Racing and Bob Bondurant Shools. Brake kit construction began back in 1993 as a side line to my newly opened Formula Car prep shop. *Long before some of the other 'big names' were ever around. As the racing business waned the big brake business expanded! Today it's the primary source of business. As a competitor I have a long background in Open Wheel racing including Wins and class records on Pikes Peak and Mt. Washington. Yes; I can speak racing with some authority, I'm not a plug-n-play sales guy.

Many of you know of my shop here and we've spoken before; you know I'll offer fair and objective input. As well as the best price you'll find on the 'net! You're welcome to use my web page and it's tools, images and menus as a reference at anytime. I have compiled one of the most complete calculator pages for those of you in racing who need these tools.
    Last edited by Todd TCE; 05-22-2013 at 04:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the inquiries. Common questions seem to pop up-

Yes; these kits come with stainless steel braided hoses. (per axle)

Yes; the newer 14" kits will fit the older car.

No; there is no extra charge for red.

Yes; custom colors (silver, blue, yellow) can be had...but you'll wait perhaps 3wks

No; the 13" rear kit will not fit the older car, with the "H6 upgrade"- I'm not certain.

Yes; track pads can be had in the kits but are not recommended for street use.

Yes; they are "pretty good" or "killer" prices.

Thanks for asking, keep 'em coming.

TCE will pleased to add Paypal Bill Me Later options to all Big Brake Kit purchases!

Currently offering 6mo zero interest options to qualified customers! Get all the details when you process your TCE order on these great deals.

Low prices. Product knowledge. Service after the sale. Six months to pay.

More Q&A:

Can I get colors other than red or black on these kits? Yes. You can get blue, yellow and silver from Wilwood for the same price. There is however a lead time of up to 3wks. The reason is inventory levels; they need bare bodies to squirt to your spec. If they are out of inner halves for one body you will wait until those parts are machined and ready. There are no fully assembled bodies ready for pc work. And yes you can get custom colors- $500 charge per order. You send the tiger paint color code you want.

Do these kits come with SS braided hoses? Yes. In one form or another. The new factory kits (13,14 front and 13 rear) now INCLUDE the ss hoses as part of that kit. (brilliant idea it only took them forever to do) However the OLDER kits (think 99-06) do not come with ss hoses as a factory kit. They ARE INCLUDED however as a TCE purchase. We in fact supply a nicer and better build ss hose kit for the pre 2011 cars. No funky hard line body adapters, jackets and with proper ends and supports. The new factory kits come with the parts and design listed on the pdf.

Are there optional pads for the rear "combo" caliper like the front kit? A good question. The rear combo caliper can be had with BP10 or optional BP20 street/elevated street pads. However the caliper also uses the popular D340 pad plate. That plate fits a number of stock apps where you may find alternate compounds from suppliers such as Hawk and Carbotech.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can you please pm me pricing for a full kit,front & rear for a 2011 WRX.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Can you please pm me pricing for a full kit,front & rear for a 2011 WRX.
    On the way shortly Tony. thx

Today's Q&A
    You guys as some good questions and some simple ones.

Q: Is this a group buy deal or some sort of special? A: No. It's just TCE sponsoring the ClubWRX forums and offering you some great deals on a new product. We seldom do GBs for two reasons: first we have low prices day and and day out, and secondly for us to save money and offer you yet lower prices we'd need to shave some costs...that means either a good size 'buy in' (hard to do and time consuming to get commitments) or bulk shipping. That only works when there are multiple buyers in the same location. We'll consider that however and a no cost Money Order option also.

Q: You listed the 13 and 14" front kits for the new car but what about the other one with the smaller caliper and rotor? A: That's the 12" DPr or Dyna Pro radial mount kit. Yes it will fit but I'm not sure why anyone would look to do that kit over the larger 13" kit. The DPr is a nice part but at stock 12" it's only 1/4" larger than you have now. And much narrower. Aside from the looks it's far more of a lateral move than an upgrade. The good thing is however that we can do this kit in both 12.2" (a bit larger) for 16" wheels. (I know...hollow sound- who's running 16s?) But we can also do a heavy duty version of it with 1" wide rotors for those of you running 15 or 16" rally wheels. Now I see a value in it.

Q: Which is better the FSNL6 or the W6A kit? A: From a pure competition standpoint the W6A is superior. Both in caliper design and mass but also in rotor- it's a full 1.25" wide not 1.10 as found on the FNSL6 kit. Seriously tho...unless you plan to open track this car monthly it's overkill for any street performance. The gains are only found at the severe duty level. And will come at the cost of more expense, added weight, and wheel fit. Check the wheel fit on both via the pdf links and see.

It's into JUNE now and time to spruce up the ride. Now's your chance to get some great looking brakes! Don't be the one who shows up to the 'meet' with some rusty old clunkers, show 'em you know how to cruise in style.

More Q&A from the hot-line

What's the difference between this caliper and the one that was on the other (older) kit?
    The latest kits are now being shipped with the Forged Narrow Superlite Six or FNSL6. This caliper uses the same 7416 (16mm) thick pad as the former BSL6 that was used for years on the 140-7005 kit. The caliper today is both forged (think heavier and more robust) as well as radial mount. The BSL6 was lug mount or tab mount- bolted to the adapter bracket. The FNSL6 is a radial mount (studded bracket) which adds both strength and rigidity to the mounting- Lower bending moment and a beefier mount. The Radial mount also allows the caliper to be raised up with spacers to the larger 14" disc fit. Meaning the same parts can be used for the most on each kit.

Can this caliper be fit to my old BSL6 kit?
    Not really. While you probably 'could' do it the parts and costs would not be worth the effort.

Are the new kits the same 13" x 1.10" rotor as before?
    The reality is that all the new kits are finally 1.25" wide GT castings. I've updated the web page to reflect that and corrected the left over data showing the former 12.88 x 1.10" castings. Sorry for any confusion. For small wheel use the new kits are significantly beefier than the older medium weight rotor adding both a full pound of iron mass as well as a wider center vent channel to the casting for improved air flow

What's the difference between the new rear kit and the old? The price has gone up huge!
    The older 140-7006 kit was a 12.2" kit for the older car. Today's car will not allow that rotor to fit. We tried a variety of means here on my shop to produce something like it and settle on a 12.88 x .810 casting to produce a rear kit. That kit sat here for a year and a half un sold as there just wasn't a market for it then. Guess what; it's the same specs the "factory" kits are now coming at. Gee..wonder why? Other than sharing of information the reality is that it's necessary due to the size of the parking brake drum. You're not going to fit a smaller disc on that hat and still be able to fit the caliper onto it. So we have a both larger rotor and a more costly caliper combined with a more costly radial mount bracket...thus a more costly final kit.

No questions today.

Just SILVER.

More Questions...and Answers

Do you offer the four pot front and two pot rear Wilwood kits? No. Wilwood has never produced such kits other than the small LBK with the 2pc rotors. If you have or are looking for the caliper kits that fit stock size rotors with four pot front and two pot rears these are not Wilwood factory kits. They are/were produced by another vendor using Wilwood calipers. We stock pads for the calipers but cannot offer and bracket parts or hardware for these kit. While inexpensive..they were so for a reason; they really don't offer much other than improved looks and a bit of weight savings. You're money is better spent on complete and properly engineered product.

Can I get that W4A caliper on the rear kit to match my W6A front? While it might be possible..it would be a TCE custom build only. The mount brackets for both the W series and the Super Lite series are different. They will not share the same mounts. Nor will the W series work in the narrower rotor found in the FNSL4 13" rear kit. Going to be a costly plan to go custom.

Well isn't the W4A a better caliper and the use of a wider rotor better? In the grand scheme of things yes. But given these are rear kits we're talking about here there's so much more rotor mass and caliper quality over stock that you'd never exploit the benefits of a wider rotor and more massive caliper. Certainly not for the cost get there. For track junkies I'd suggest you simply run a good quality track pad and I think you'll be way ahead of the game.

Can I get the kit(s) with track pads? I think I answered this before; yes. But beware that such track pads are NOT suitable for street use and will tear up rotors in no time. I'd strongly urge you to consider alternate track pads. And give you 10% off the price with the kit purchase.

Are thee calipers booted finally? Nope. And for good reason; it's not necessary. The only kit for the WRX you can get booted is the LBK with it's DPr caliper. The FNSL and W series calipers are all stainless steel, non booted. I've been selling Wilwood product for 20yrs now. I've had so few issues that the whole "booted vs non booted" is such a non-issue the only ones talking about it are those selling booted product. And then selling you replacements once they are burned up. Are they safe in rain, snow, ice, dirt? Nothing happens to the pistons or the calipers when exposed to the elements. I know; I've got some of the dustiest parts on my own car. Damages done are only when someone pushes the pistons back without a bit of common sense. Simply blow off or lightly brush the exposed pistons before you cram 'em back in and drag the grit in with them. Also consider some wear spacers to reduce the piston exposure. And of course if you need parts; pistons are about $11 and seal kits $16. I doubt you will.

Caliper Report

Here is the 'former' BSL6 caliper found on the 13" kit from the past few years. A good part but for most kits they were sold in black anodizing only or special order (ie more money) powder coat red.

And now today on the same kit you'll be looking at the new FNSL6. A nicer caliper for sure. Pretty much the same body size but a stiffer caliper due to production type and far more stylish with it's piston humps. It's also a bit more wheel friendly than the BSL6. Same 16mm brake pads however.

The above calipers are fit to both the 13 and 14" kits.

There's no change however to the LBK (Little Brake Kit) which is still fit with the DPr four pot.

Last edited by Todd TCE; 06-13-2013 at 06:11 PM.

More Q&A

Is your 5% sale price deal a group buy or what? NO..as I've said before; this is not a group buy. We do not require 5, 10 or even 3 of you to commit to anything. The prices being quoted are YOUR price and your price only. Group buys are not always all that. You can get a fair price, good service and customer care with a simple one on one sale.

What would you recommend for 2012? Personally I'd say that the 14/13 combo is your most ideal set up. The 13/13 will work also but as we've seen from prior use the 12.88 x 1.10 rotor is a bit light for anything but light to moderate track day use. If you plan to put the car out on the track for 20min sessions you'll appreciate the larger mass of the 14" disc. Maybe even moving to the W6A kit but I understand; it's more money!

How much extra are hose kits and shipping? Hose kits are included in the pricing of all the kits. There are no hidden costs. Shipping is based upon where you live- relative to a drop ship from CA your shipping cost can be as low as $20 to upwards of $100 per kit depending upon where you live.

Why don't you include "free shipping"? Because I'd have to jack up the price to cover it and that would not be fair to the guy who's shipping cost is only $40. Granted it's not a helluva deal for the guy in Maine but in the end everyone ends up paying more to support that one guy.
    Last edited by Todd TCE; 06-18-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Today is Saturday the 22nd and you know what that means right?

Yup...ONE week left to score an additional 5% off any combo front and rear kit purchase for your WRX!

That's NOT:
    5% off Wilwood retail
    5% off Jobber
    5% off Some Mit price
    5% off Juggs price
    5% off Fleabay price

Nope....that's 5% off the TCE everyday low price. No strings attached. No min group quantity discount. No blemishes or seconds. No BS. Just the real deal on scoring your Big Brake Kit deal of the summer!
    Last edited by Todd TCE; 06-22-2013 at 05:45 PM.

From the mail bag:

I read you FB post that says you're offering kits for under $2000? Is this some cobbled together deal or what for that price??
    No it's hardly a cobbled together deal. You read right: we can outfit your WRX with FRONT and REAR, full Wilwood factory kits, hoses included etc etc for under $2000. These would include some of the smaller kits or LBK offerings of course and not the larger 13 or 14" kits. However the bump to those kits are but a couple hundred more depending upon options. Let's say for example you had a budget of only....$2500 could we help you out? I'm pretty sure we can find something.

Ha! $2000 and you sell me some used stuff or what?
    Really? No, there's nothing used, seconds or mismatched parts here. 100% new Wilwood factory items in original packaging. You really think I'd do that? Move along.

How long are you going to offer these deals?
    That's a tough one. The normal low pricing is and remains just that. The bonus 5% deal I quoted through the end of the month.

I'm a bit disappointed in a few folks skepticism.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.