i think i have decided on tires

This is a discussion on i think i have decided on tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; after wanting the Eagle F1 GS-D3's, but cant afford them. i was thinkin of buying some used re070's, but instead ...

i think i have decided on tires

after wanting the Eagle F1 GS-D3's, but cant afford them. i was thinkin of buying some used re070's, but instead i could get some kuhmo MX for $129 through tirerack (245/40/17).

please toss in some opinions. i really think im gonna order the kuhmo's pretty soon. i want my boost on the car really bad.
    Last edited by KoreanBeefcake; 03-13-2005 at 11:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ian
    I just got new Yokohama ES 100's on my car Ihad them before and I am really happy with them, good dry grip and excellent in the rain. Yokohama also just came out with the ADVAN Neovas over here and they are a very poular tire over in Japan with the tuners

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The MX gets high marks all around good dry grip, good wet grip, on the light side- middle of the scale on sidewall stiffness, price is good.

I doubt you'd go wrong w/ the MX's. My buddy just came off of GSD3's and while he liked them, he likes the MX's better- better dry grip, stifer sidewall (probably less wet grip though).

They will not be in the league w/ the 070's though in dry grip or sidewall stifness- the 070's get very close to approaching R compounds. Ofcourse their performance in the wet is not as good as many of the other hi-po tires. Tires are always a compromise.

Big Sky
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

If you want something more like the Goodyear GSD3's, you might look into the Falken FK451. People seem to rave about them and they have a tread pattern similar to the GSD3's. They are also significantly cheaper.

BTW, I am not trying to talk you out of the Kumho MX's. I have the Kumho MX's and am very happy them.
    2002 WRX WRB

Quote Originally Posted by Rich10
    If you want something more like the Goodyear GSD3's, you might look into the Falken FK451. People seem to rave about them and they have a tread pattern similar to the GSD3's. They are also significantly cheaper.

BTW, I am not trying to talk you out of the Kumho MX's. I have the Kumho MX's and am very happy them.
    wow, i have never heard of those and after a while of reading up on them, it seems like they are a good choice. they are cheaper, better performing in the wet (which i really want) and good in dry. i should be able to get like 3 summers out of daily driving this tire?

i think i changed my mind, i want the falkens...

stay away from the eagle f1's had em on my r32 i thought they were crap....pole postions is what you need nothing like some gold ole so-3.
    wagon...thats right