Alignment basics - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Alignment basics within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX I'd dial out ~ .3-.5 degrees in the rear, they usually set the front ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    I'd dial out ~ .3-.5 degrees in the rear, they usually set the front first- I'd shoot for roughly .3 to .5 degrees less than front. -1.3ish/ -0.8- -1.0ish should be pretty nice.
    Thanks a bunch!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this is such a helpful thread.....i am dropping my car and plan on getting an alignment the same day. I want to make sure that the alignment is done correctly, i've had problems in the past with "average" garage, would it be better to take it to a subie dealer perhaps or trust the same place that installs the springs?

thanks
    www.kiowapilots.com

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd visit w/ the shop that is doing your springs to see if they will do a alignment to your specs. If their installing performance springs, my guess would be they won't have a problem.

I would guess most dealerships would have a problem w/ a "custom" alignment.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

using OEM bolts with no bolts or plates can we achieve -1.5 up front and -1.3 in the rear? thanks a bunch Big Sky.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    using OEM bolts with no bolts or plates can we achieve -1.5 up front and -1.3 in the rear? thanks a bunch Big Sky.
    It will vary car to car and also what springs are used, but you should see -1.1 to -1.5 front and -1.2 to -1.5 rear. It's more important to have the cross cambers even up front vs max camber on one side- ie better w/ -1.2/-1.2 vs -1.2/-1.5. The rears are no-adj but seem to consistently fall into the -1.3 range. If you have a really(!) good alignment guy- they can make small adj in the rear (maybe a tenth or two) by pushing/pulling on the rear tires to adj camber (after the bolts are loosened) - takes two guys- one to push/pull- the other to tighten when you get where you want.

Ian
    Quick stupid question, I had my friend order me camber bolts and the guy he talked to said that I need 4 bolts, 2 for each side. Now I'm pretty sure I only need 2 bolts to adjust the rear camber, so tell me that I'm right about this, I only need 2 not 4.

Thanks Ian

I Support ClubWRX
    two is correct- they go in the upper strut holes- make sure they orientate them correctly- one way you'll get neg camber, the other positive. also insure they know that both nuts need to be loosened- not just the top

Where can one get camber bolts and plates? And at what cost, thanks a bunch!
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

I Support ClubWRX
    try oakos.com- they sell both. Caster/camber plates in the $250ish range, camber bolts in the $30 range IIRC

This thread is most helpful. Got an alignment today and immediately noticed better turn-in and cornering. Factory alignment was off on the rear. Frt -3/4 camber l/r, 3/16 toe-in
    Rear was left -1.7 right was -2.5 with both 3/16" toe-out. After specs are good to go! Now I feel the car is optimized!

Blue
    Do You Solo2?

My car is a completely stock 2004 Subaru WRX STI and is used mainly for autocrossing. Can anybody give me alignment settings that have been proven to work? meaning minimize understeer, faster turn-in etc.

Thanks,

Jay

i just got an alignment today at Becker Subaru heres the specs

Front

Camber
    -0.4 ( -0.0) -0.4
    Caster
    3.0 ( -0.3) 3.3
    Toe
    0.01 -0.01

Rear

Camber
    -1.4 ( -0.3) -1.1
    Toe
    -0.00 ( -0.00) 0.00
    Total Toe = - 0.00
    Thrust Angle = - 0.00
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I first want to say thanks to bigsky for this thread I really learned a lot. I just have one noob question. I have tein coilovers on my STi and I was wondering if I have to get an alignment everythime i adjust the height of my car?

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherLevel
    I first want to say thanks to bigsky for this thread I really learned a lot. I just have one noob question. I have tein coilovers on my STi and I was wondering if I have to get an alignment everythime i adjust the height of my car?
    Yes. Changing the rideheight will change toe and camber.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by qoncept
    Yes. Changing the rideheight will change toe and camber.
    what he said

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.