Alignment basics - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

This is a discussion on Alignment basics within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Need more alignment talk!!! How often would you recommend getting a alignment done. I saw mention of getting a alignment ...

Need more alignment talk!!!

How often would you recommend getting a alignment done. I saw mention of getting a alignment after every time you swap tires, but this seems excessive. So I thought I'd ask the alignment god what he thought and recommends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    every tire swap- no way; racing autocross that would be a lot of alignments

every major suspension swap for sure-springs/struts/control arms and the like (no need on swaybars)

also alignments will sometimes go awry- so if if it's driving funny or you're getting unusual tire wear- have it checked
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Lol would you imagine needing to do a alignment at the event after mounting race tires.

So if nothing feels or looks wrong would you think it would be safe to do every 2 years? Or would you do it before every autox season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    I typically get it checked before each season (and when I do a suspension change), sometimes the alignment is spot on and nothing needs to be adjusted, but usually there are minor adjustments to be made

Awesome thanks again for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the max camber allowed on the stock camber bolts for a 2011? I've been reading elsewhere that if running coilovers with camber plates, the camber bolts should be set to max.
    Wondering if that's true or not

I Support ClubWRX
    I've always liked to use the oe eccentric bolts to fine tune the camber (I would think alignment techs would as well). Set the camber plates where you want them and then let the alignment tech fine tune w/ the eccentric bolts. I believe (in the US anyways) that the 11's and + get quite a bit more available neg camber than previous models, iirc some are getting in the -1.7-ish range, which w/ just stock bolts is pretty impressive

I just got a new alignment done, and got -1.6 on both sides with 100% stock hardware.

2013 STi.

Anyone got a chance to look at my specs. 2013 wrx with RCE Black Springs. Rear camber came out high but couldnt get much out of the fronts.

The rear seems on par with what people with lowered 3g WRX have. However you should be able to get a lot more than that up front. I say bring it back and tell them they didn't provide what you asked for or bring it to a other shop.

That being said they did a great job with the toe

I was going to install some camber bolts up front and have them realign the car. He said he tried to max it out and that is all he could get. Not sure why seeing as I thought I would be able to get more, especially being lowered.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.