do you think this would work?

This is a discussion on do you think this would work? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; if you would, could someone go to vividracing.com and check something out for me? it should be on the home ...

do you think this would work?

if you would, could someone go to vividracing.com and check something out for me? it should be on the home page and is called the Speedware Stainless Harness Bar. what are your thoughts about it? How do you think it would work compared to a strut bar? i think it is mostly for show, but that is my opinion
    later

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: do you think this would work?

Originally posted by wistling rexie
    if you would, could someone go to vividracing.com and check something out for me? it should be on the home page and is called the Speedware Stainless Harness Bar. what are your thoughts about it? How do you think it would work compared to a strut bar? i think it is mostly for show, but that is my opinion
    later
    I thought the harness bar was for seat harnesses as a replacement for seatbelts, and doesn't have the same function as a strut tower brace?

I believe Ivan (iv30) has one...he'd be good to ask...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, it lets you run harnesses. Definitely not for show - for safety. You can run harnesses w/out a cage which is dangerous without a helmet anyway. But I believe it mounts in the center of the cabin - so while it would stiffen things up a bit it wouldn't be as much as a tower bar. On the other hand the Rex is very stiff to start out with and doesn't need any bars on stock suspension - maybe a rear for the wagon but thats it IMHO. Be aware that rear passengers would be in a very dangerous position with this installed. It's in the perfect place to hit their head on in a crash.
    Last edited by GV27; 08-19-2002 at 08:48 AM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

hmmm never thought about a crash

With the harness bar in, you shouldn't be carrying rear passengers. They will be very uncomfortable. As for the part, it's gorgeous. I may put one in my street car.

-Jim