Project wagon begins! - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project wagon begins! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It was very, very close- we laid them down side to side and the 245 and it was a toss ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It was very, very close- we laid them down side to side and the 245 and it was a toss up- the S02 does look like it does have more tread width though.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did you measure them? Does anybody have a metric ruler that long?
    This is an interesting observation...they're very close for how different the sizes are.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scottigee
    did you measure them? Does anybody have a metric ruler that long?
    This is an interesting observation...they're very close for how different the sizes are.
    Didn't measure, but the tires when laid down side by side and the T1 may be a mm wider- it's that close.

I think what the deal is Honda spec'd these tires w/ Bridgestone- they wanted wide, but wanted 225 stamped on the side. The run 205's in the front and the s2000 guys say those are narrower than most 205's- so they've got a wider than 225 in the rear and a narower than a 205 in the front. My guess is there is a reason why they wanted the tire "sizes" within one size front to rear- when in fact they are a couple sizes in width different.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I've sourced another driver's side rear knuckle (finger's crossed this one isn't bent)- should get the backing plate pressed in next week and will take another stab at my two pot install- part 2

I just reviewed most of this thread and realized you haven't done ANY power mods....is that right BigSky?? Are you 100% brakes and suspension? All I saw was an STi TMIC in one pic I think....
    Impressive....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scottigee
    I just reviewed most of this thread and realized you haven't done ANY power mods....is that right BigSky?? Are you 100% brakes and suspension? All I saw was an STi TMIC in one pic I think....
    Impressive....
    A few power mods This is the brakes/suspension forum so I stick talking about those. I do have a STI uppipe, ScoobySport downpipe and muffler, P&P my exhaust manifolds. Samco inlet hose and Ecutek reflash- probably 215 ish to the wheels. It definitely spools fast

Well now that we've crossed over a bit....

I'm going headers,upipe,dp, sti intercooler...and then ecutek dyno tune...

How important/worthwhile is inlet pipe, pipe to inlet, and lightweight crank pulley?
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

HEY! Don't sully this thread! I was just asking a question and I don't want to derail this valuable chunk of internet gold.
    QUICK BigSky, go buy something suspension oriented, bolt it on, take pictures and tell us about it before we get too far OT.....

I'll swing it back too....

If I wanted to do a sedan front track conversion, would I just need the control arms, axles and sway bar?
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad W
    I'll swing it back too....

If I wanted to do a sedan front track conversion, would I just need the control arms, axles and sway bar?
    Yes (w/ the minor addition of sedan sway links)- that's the only difference (suspension wise) up front. I used to think you'd "have" to do the rear as well, but w/ a wider track up front vs rear- you'd be dialing out additional understeer. I'm giving thought next year to run 16X8 wheels upfront and 16X7 (7.5) in the rear- to accomplish similar results.

The other interesting result would be increasd camber up front- when wagon owners bolt on sedans struts we see a "penalty" of ~ .7ish degrees positive, if you go to a sedan width and stick w/ wagon struts- you should see ~.7 gain in neg camber .

I had someone pm recently and is thinking about going both front and rear w/ sedan bits.

Definitely an interesting project- with the price of the v7 aluminum arms I can see where it makes it pretty tempting.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well finally Got a new knuckle and had the backing plate pressed in last week. Got around to installing them today.

Comparo of rotors 290 mm vs 266, side 18 mm vented vs 10mm solid, caliper comparo two pot opposed vs 1 pot slider (also aluminum vs steel), with kuckle off, w/ new knuckle and backing plate..

This is a pain in the butt install, the axle nuts come off, calipers off, rotors off, the entire rear suspension comes off the outboard side, all the e-brake components come off (the e-brake is a major pain!), knuckle/backing palte removed, new knuckle/backing plate installed, new axle nut, re-install suspension pieces, re-install e-brake components (did I mention this was a pain ), new rotors on, new calipers on, reinstall brake lines, bleed and your good to go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rotorcamparo.jpg   sidecomparorotor.jpg   calipercomparo.jpg   knuckleoff.jpg   newbackingplate.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    A completed side, and a nice match for the fronts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails onesidedone.jpg   4potwwheel.jpg   2potwwheel.jpg  

wkw
    That job looks like a major pain in the ass, nice work big sky

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wkw
    That job looks like a major pain in the ass, nice work big sky
    Thanks. Yeah I probably wouldn't be b1tching as much if I hadn't had to do it twice (actually three times because when I discovered the bent knuckle I had to reinstall the oem setup)
    Last edited by Big Sky WRX; 07-30-2005 at 08:56 PM.

So are the JDM calipers black? B/c I just came back from "home" and noticed the EDM 4/2 pot calipers are red (at least '04).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.