Project wagon begins! - Page 18
Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project wagon begins! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Mike, the wheels look great. I want to see pictures of your wagon with the new wheels and tire!...

Nice wheels

Mike, the wheels look great. I want to see pictures of your wagon with the new wheels and tire!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    Tiime to put the "summer" sway bars on- 21mm front/21mm rear
    so are you going to be running those stock endlinks or you have something else in mind?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
    so are you going to be running those stock endlinks or you have something else in mind?
    Those look like the stock end links, but aren't They are the Poltec spherical rear links. I run Poltec sphericals up front as well.

I should point out that the front bar is a sedan bar- necessitated by the GC aluminum arms- they locate the sway links out a little further than the GG, thus the need for the longer bar.

Hopefully pics from this weekend
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

I Support ClubWRX
    "summer" battery installed (custom fabbed battery box w/ heat wrap)- a quick, easy 15 lbs off of the front end
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 680mounted.jpg  

So, how those tires working?
    Big pimpin' in a Legacy GT Wagon

R.I.P. WRX Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Pretty darn good! Got them on Saturday w/ no chance to really put any miles or get any scrubbing in. They've got very good dry grip and no rubbing issues- that's a relief! I was very satisfied w/ their performance today- I think I might have had the fastest street tire time. This is the first time I've got to really push the new suspension as well- all is good there as well. I'd have to give the front sway bar a thumbs up as well. Car is pretty neutral- with just a hint of understeer- which at low speeds I can handle.

Great to be back on summer tires again

Road force machine at work and side pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails roadforce.jpg   bronzevs.jpg  

The wheels and tires are displaying some competitive attitude. How about a photo with the tires turned out so we can see all that section width.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll try and attach a pic this time turned- innertreadis still in the shadow a little, but should give you an idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turnedws02s.jpg  

Wow, the new setup looks great. Nicely done.
    Tuned Perfection Autosports
    2005 Sti Widebody

very nice, if you dont mind, how much was your wheel tire combo? and where did you get them from?

Looks very nice. It will be interesting to hear how the tires handle water. What made you go with bronze instead of white wheels this time?

I should get my new wheels and tires for the Legacy tomorrow.
    Big pimpin' in a Legacy GT Wagon

R.I.P. WRX Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    danka(s)- I've white for almost four years- figured it was time for a change. Many moons ago I saw a white STi in one of the Japanese Impreza mags (given to me by another member) that had bronze Volks- I said to myself if I ever do different rims- it'll be bronze.

I got the wheels from Adam at Z-1- wheels are pricey at ~ $350 a pop. Tires I shopped around- it was a web based tire outfit (I'll have to find the name), but saved a pretty good chunk by shopping around- they ended up in the $150/each range.

I've visited w/ some S2000 guys and they say that w/ 50% treadware the wet grip is actually pretty good (just looking at the tread- it would appear so), after 50% it drops pretty fast- ofcourse the dry grip at this point they said is remarkable.

I'm almost certain it won't have the wet grip of any of the other hi po tires I've had (S03, T1, Nero) but none had this stiff of sidewall or the dry grip- always a trade off(s)

Mike

Hey Big Sky,
    great write ups. Have a question, I have a '05 wagon, have a STI rsb but found it's slightly wider but it looks like it would fit if I mount it on the outside of the endlinks instead of the inside as stockers are, do you know if that'd work? Or would other endlinks with balljoints work? Which one in that case? Thanks,

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by camino cielo
    Hey Big Sky,
    great write ups. Have a question, I have a '05 wagon, have a STI rsb but found it's slightly wider but it looks like it would fit if I mount it on the outside of the endlinks instead of the inside as stockers are, do you know if that'd work? Or would other endlinks with balljoints work? Which one in that case? Thanks,
    The STi rear bar is different as it mounts to the rear lateral link differently and in different locations.

You might give Poltec a call, they make a STi like pillow ball endlink that mounts against the hub- I'm pretty sure that would work. I twould make the brackets on your current rear lateral links obsolete, but that's no biggy.

Thx for the tip, I'll try that.