New Pilot Sport 2s looks to be very good
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Pilot Sport 2s looks to be very good within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So the initial word on the new Pilot Sport 2s is that they are a hell of a tire. Unfortunately ...

New Pilot Sport 2s looks to be very good

So the initial word on the new Pilot Sport 2s is that they are a hell of a tire. Unfortunately I doesn't look like there will be any 16" sizes. But if you need a 21" Max performance tire you're set There are also a couple of WRX usable 17" sizes and maybe 18s. The prices for the 17s don't seem as bad as I remember the original pilot sports being either.

Here's a little test from Tirerack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...eMake=Michelin
    Big pimpin' in a Legacy GT Wagon

R.I.P. WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The "origianl" Pilot Sports took a dramatic dip in price- that's good.

I read that initially the 2's were only coming in limited sizing (supposedly OEM fitments for vehicles that get this tire), but that eventually they would broaden their sizing.

Reports do look good, the original Pilot Sport was no slouch either (just damn expensive).

It seems like a trend of tires not being offered in 16" that I hope doesn't continue or that it's my imagination.

Big Sky

They sound pretty sweet, I'll have to check them out. I have the original Pilot Sports and they are the best tires I have ever used, especially out here in the desert, they're not the greatest in snow though. I have 24k miles on them and I drive very aggressive and they still have a decent tread on them.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Any idea how much something like a 225/45/17 PS2 (hehe its named after a game system) tire weights?

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I'd contact Luke at Tirerack. In the past he has been able to get me weights for tires that they carry.
    Big pimpin' in a Legacy GT Wagon

R.I.P. WRX Wagon

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Next year I might look at Pilot Sports (I's unless they increase sizing options) they've phased out the 225/50/16's in my Pirelli Nero's- I'm sure it's available in all the popular 19 and 20" sizes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.