Rear Camber Bolt Install help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rear Camber Bolt Install help within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed Eibach springs on my WRX and also have Eibach camber bolts that I would like to install before ...

Question Rear Camber Bolt Install help

I installed Eibach springs on my WRX and also have Eibach camber bolts that I would like to install before I have an alignment done on my car. The instructions that came with the camber bolts are basically useless, but I think I have an idea of how I need to put them in.
    I was wondering if anyone here who has done it can explain which side the washer needs to be on, and if the washer needs to be in any specific position when the camber bolts are installed. I'm just trying to get everything in place so when I take my car in for an alignment everything goes smoothly.
    I'm not going to do it for another day or two so I figured I'd see what kind of info I could gather beforehand just to make sure that I do it correctly. Also, I didn't find any info on this anywhere else, so maybe if there is some good info or pictures here then it will help some others out in the future. Thanks...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok now I need to know the same thing.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

This subject definetely needs a tutorial. . Right now you have to piece things together. I have a set waiting to go in too. Try this thread, it filled in alot of details for me.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...l+instructions

I just had the guys that did my alignment put them in. They didn't charge extra, and those bolts are in there tight.. He broke one of his tools trying to get it off.

In order to get positive camber, you want the little tab to be positioned so that it points towards the inside of the car. Make sure you do this or the alignment tech will not be able to get more positive than -2.00.

daniel

are camber bolts needed after lowering my car. I just installed eibach prokits on my 05 wrx. just curious of it is neccesary
    2005 Aspen White WRX

Only if you wanna improve your handling and even out the tire wear.

Quote Originally Posted by ImPrEzZaNoOb
    are camber bolts needed after lowering my car. I just installed eibach prokits on my 05 wrx. just curious of it is neccesary
    I want to know this too. I just installed prodrives( my04 wagon, stock struts). I don't know if I want to put the bolts in or carry them with me or forget about them. I want between -.5 and -.8 in the rear. Does anyone know approximately what rear camber I have now right after the install?

Without camber bolts you will get around -2.00 or even slightly more negative if you dropped them on eibachs. If you are using prodrives, I would think it would be a little bit more positive. But if you want to get to -.8 you will definitely need to put in those camber bolts and make sure to orient the little tab so that it faces towards the inside of the car.

do i need camber bolts for both front and backs.? where can i buy these. If i take it to the alignment store, can they install them? i am very new to modding cars, so i wouldnt be able to know what to do
    2005 Aspen White WRX

what would be the best setup for the cambers? I am planning to get rims later in the future. Do i have to worry about anything if i get rims?
    2005 Aspen White WRX

You don't need front ones... The front has adjustable camber bolts. If you are just swapping tires/rims you don't have to get realigned. Only if you are taking the struts or springs off (or hit a curb.). Do a search for cambers... I'm running -1.9 and -1.0 F/R. It depends on what you want to do.

tire rack sells the eibach camber bolts...that's where I got mine from. I believe that most alignment shops will not install the bolts for free. I remember big-o-tires charging $80 just to install the rear camber bolts. If you can, do it yourself.

Install

SPC kit from Oakos. One bolt one lock nut one 2 tab washer.

I'm at halftime. I have one in (I think) What is the function of that big tab? I understand how it fits, but I have no idea what it does. It seems to ajust camber you just turn the bolt, like you do in the front.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You want the "tab" facing out for positve camber and that's what everyone should be shooting for in the rear is more positive.

This pic shows a neg camber orientation- you want the opposite.

another:

This thread ahs some good info:

Where to put camber bolts

I should have chronicled my camber bolt install earlier- woops
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast